Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Metallic KO releases

Go down 
+3
Triskell
mark
ziguana62
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ziguana62

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Metallic KO releases Empty
PostSubject: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Are there any other cd releases of metallic ko? these are the 4 i have.skydog france,skydog japan,jungle records 2 disc and the jungle records original album cd.

Metallic KO releases 00213
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Is one of those the 2CD Skydog version?

I believe there's one on Munster as well.
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 pm

no both the skydog releases are single discs.munster records is that the spanish label?
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:32 pm

These two links might help clear things up:

http://www.discogs.com/Iggy-And-The-Stooges-Metallic-KO/master/102073
http://www.discogs.com/Iggy-And-The-Stooges-Metallic-2KO/master/38241

Apparently the 1988 Skydog 2XKO is the version to have - supposedly the sound is better than the Jungle/Munster versions (although not the new Jungle 1CD version), and it's more complete. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to find!
Back to top Go down
Triskell

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:43 am

Is Skydog's double vinyl from 88 good too?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 am

I've got the one you show top right, skydog france, it's nice, is the skydog japan the same master? I also had the bottom left, jungle 2CD, but the treble is way too in your face on this one, making for real fatiguing listening, so it had to go.
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 am

yes the skydog japan is from the same master as the skydog france.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Can you please to upload 30 sec preview of each album?
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:40 pm

I was bummed to find out that 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' on the back of the x2 disc Jungle version was just Iggy reciting some of the words himself. The way it looked to me was that it could have been some sort of medley inbetween 'Heavy Liquid' and 'Open Up & Bleed'. Raw Power era mixing in some of the pre-James tunes ..... that would have been something back in the day .....
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 am

Apparently the 1988 Skydog 2XKO is the version to have - supposedly the sound is better than the Jungle/Munster versions (although not the new Jungle 1CD version), and it's more complete. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to find!

The single CD Skydog french 1988 release has a slightly longer version of the october 6th 1973 show, more dialogue between songs, it runs a bit slower than the bomp cd but definately has more talk between the songs. The bomp version does include some audience applause not on the skydog release, only a few seconds but its there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO releases   Metallic KO releases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallic KO releases
Page 1 of 1