Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kill City promo

Go down 
+34
dtklamf
davidh
iggy-fan
Stranger09
Edwin S
tompa67
saichan
TED
Loose1969
Natalie
napalm_cheetah
ashitanoramen
ElRoi
Dark Horse 77
stooge
soldier
ianianian
Perdu
TeddyB1018
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
jpod
mc
trailerborn
mghifi
heavy liquid
StoogeFan
Radiobirdman73
adams66
Garageman
c-deep
studioguy
stooges
boogie
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 pm

hey great prewiew...thanks
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 pm

This looks and sounds fantastic. Can't wait til October. Pumped!
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 am

I'm definitely going to grab that as soon as it comes out.
Back to top Go down

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 am

Great, I'm going to buy this, oh yesss.

Why can't they do that to Raw Power?!

Anyway, great to see those pictures, I hope they will
be included in the final product. Yet another great find in
Iggy's private stash
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:38 am

I like that!! Great little promo and "Kill City" sounds superb!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:55 am

i'm hearing different guitar before Iggy starts singing...anyone else here this? I wonder if James used a different overdub? Sounds fantastic - totally raunchy
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 am

The promo sounds great! Looking forward to hearing what they have done with Beyond The Law.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 am

Radiobirdman73 wrote:
i'm hearing different guitar before Iggy starts singing...anyone else here this? I wonder if James used a different overdub? Sounds fantastic - totally raunchy

I hear that also, it could have been buried in the mix or a previously unused track. I'll have to re-listen to the old mix now to see what changed.

I think it sounds really great, I can't wait to hear the rest
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 am

zickafuce wrote:
Great, I'm going to buy this, oh yesss.

Thats news right there itself. Razz

studioguy

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:08 am

studioguy wrote:
Radiobirdman73 wrote:

I hear that also, it could have been buried in the mix or a previously unused track. I'll have to re-listen to the old mix now to see what changed.

I think it sounds really great, I can't wait to hear the rest

Definitely an unused track
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:52 am

Sounds great! Can't wait to hear the whole disc.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Sounds good. The 'new' guitar bit is a lot more Raw Power-y.
I know Williamson had some qualms about some of the original bass/drum parts and I wonder if they've been re-done at all.

I'm hoping for a sax-free version of Johanna, more along the lines of the 'Jesus Loves the Stooges' EP. But McKay's sax works really well on recent live versions of the song (especially the great new ending), so I dunno.

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:00 pm

I'll wait to hear more but it sounds very bright to me. I think I prefer the old version I have.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Yeah that hit me straight away that i could hear an additional guitar track or 2.
this def wets my appetite for this release.

good work james!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Shit...now I gotta buy it!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 am

Sounds and looks fantastic. Cant wait to get it, very clear sound and it'll be great if those photos are included. They both look quite content in a lot of them despite the stories we heard of the time.

Again, cant wait to hear this.

HJW
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 am

I don't think any parts were redone. The whole remix process was very quick. Don't klnow how the album will be, but this short clip sounds like what a lot of people were asking for on Raw Power -- a straight-ahead, technically competent remix. Not sure if I like that idea, but I've got my copies of the original and will be pleased to get this version. Those intro lead guitar stings that have been brought up in the mix are very reminiscent of Bitch by the Rolling Stones.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 am

The photos in this promo and eventual package were taken by Suzan Carson, who passed away from cancer in 1989. She had many edgy photos in Creem magazine and the Los Angeles Times. Their rarity has stemmed from her archive first going to Michael Ochs (yes, Phil's brother) Archives, because he was a friend and is a nice guy. But the collection eventuially took over every square inch of his own home, and he understandably unloaded it to Getty Images, who unfortunately failed to credit Suzan from then on. All the well known Kill City photos, such as the ass-kissing fave, are hers.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 am

Perdu wrote:
The photos in this promo and eventual package were taken by Suzan Carson, who passed away from cancer in 1989. She had many edgy photos in Creem magazine and the Los Angeles Times. Their rarity has stemmed from her archive first going to Michael Ochs (yes, Phil's brother) Archives, because he was a friend and is a nice guy. But the collection eventuially took over every square inch of his own home, and he understandably unloaded it to Getty Images, who unfortunately failed to credit Suzan from then on. All the well known Kill City photos, such as the ass-kissing fave, are hers.

Thank you very much for the insight.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Yes, thanks Perdu.
Back to top Go down
ianianian

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:43 pm

hmmmm I just hope they add a second disc of inferior mixes at the wrong speed... ; -)
Back to top Go down

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 pm

haha ianĀ³ ...and double the price of course Wink
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:04 pm

with, of course, three months to receive it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kill City promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill City promo
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next