Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kill City promo

Go down 
+34
dtklamf
davidh
iggy-fan
Stranger09
Edwin S
tompa67
saichan
TED
Loose1969
Natalie
napalm_cheetah
ashitanoramen
ElRoi
Dark Horse 77
stooge
soldier
ianianian
Perdu
TeddyB1018
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
jpod
mc
trailerborn
mghifi
heavy liquid
StoogeFan
Radiobirdman73
adams66
Garageman
c-deep
studioguy
stooges
boogie
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Kill City promo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 am

The previously unseen photos will be part of the thrill of the new release. 35 years later and unseen, new stuff? Cool! What a Face

Last edited by Perdu on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 am

TeddyB1018 wrote:
I don't think any parts were redone. The whole remix process was very quick. Don't klnow how the album will be, but this short clip sounds like what a lot of people were asking for on Raw Power -- a straight-ahead, technically competent remix. Not sure if I like that idea, but I've got my copies of the original and will be pleased to get this version. Those intro lead guitar stings that have been brought up in the mix are very reminiscent of Bitch by the Rolling Stones.

I'm really lookin' forward to this. If I'm not mistaken - and I may well be - Kill City was essentially a demo, which JW polished a bit in the studio with the intention of getting a contract, so he probably had to smooth out the rough edges. Maybe with the remix/remaster he is giving the fans the album he would have originally issued?

Does that make any sense?
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
stooge

stooge

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:31 am

I love the song Kill City, but I'm afraid I've never heard the rest of the album. I've even held it in my hands before, as acquaintances I use to know had it. Unfortunately, I wasn't the Iggy/Stooges fan back then that I am now. I'm looking forward to getting this.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horse 77

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I really hope they combine the two Night Theme tracks. I understand why they're separated on the LP but no reason for it on the new cd.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Dark Horse 77 wrote:
I really hope they combine the two Night Theme tracks. I understand why they're separated on the LP but no reason for it on the new cd.

I usually skip over them, as they seem to be nearly the same to me - what is the difference?
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:08 pm

You should listen to the Night Themes and their intricacies: this might be the direction that any new compositions might take. Mr. Pop seems to like the mid-tempo of late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:40 pm

new compositions.. I think Iggy tries to compose another catchy single like he did/tried with
"My Idea Of Fun", a fitting song titled mentioned in an interview a while ago could do the job: "Pain in the ass"

but Perdu, you certainly got a point, James enjoys a good groove on those live versions of Night Theme and the medley.

Now all we need are decent lyrics Razz
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 am

Looking forward to getting this one.
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:33 am

I always love Night theme, one of my favorites.I look forward to this new edition It will be more than welcome. I have the edition of Line records, I hope to edit it with the original cover, is one of my favorite covers of all time
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:05 pm

the kill city snippet that plays over the promo sounds alright to me. Looking forward to hearing the whole album
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:10 am

I am very much anticipating this release. Unlike the last few corporate forays, I think this will be a genuine effort to improve the sound and the music. That's all I want.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Man that sounds good. I WILL be getting this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Natalie wrote:
I am very much anticipating this release. Unlike the last few corporate forays, I think this will be a genuine effort to improve the sound and the music. That's all I want.

Me too, that's my favorite record involving Iggy and James
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:41 am

Mine too, to me it was always the unfinished Stooges and what could have been so I can't wait for more.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:08 am

Bigtime ditto Ted! Kill City promo - Page 2 687324
Back to top Go down
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Brilliant news! Really looking forward to it! The fact that the promo says 'remixed' gives me hope that James will use that phenomenal, non-standard sax-free mix of Johanna that appears on the Penetration compilation. It's among his finest moments, with an incredible guitar riff that was completely buried on the first released version of Kill City.

In the Iggy bio, Trynka outlines how James seriously lost confidence in his guitar playing after the Stooges collapsed, and you can sense that was the case when he went back to fiddle with the Kill City tapes, smothering sax all over that burning riff.

Just to clarify, I don't hate all the sax on Kill City, but when you hear that killer version of Johanna, you'll know what I mean. If James restores it, I can die a happy man!
Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Yeah, this version is awesome. That guitar part at around 1:50 brings a sense of doom which is absent from the album version. This mix and the Kill City mix on A Million In Prizes... Are these the lost original mixes? And if so, if two tracks could survive in this quality, could there be more where those came from?
I guess I would like the new mix to be as in-your-face as these two tracks, coupled with a quality remaster of the released (more atmospheric) mix, but i guess that's wishful thinking...
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 pm

This sounds great..!
Will get a copy for sure.
The vocals sound different than the original LP don´t they?
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

Edwin S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 am

I wish the original demos before James remixed them in '77 would be included as a bonus, but according to James, they don't exist anymore. The book, Open Up and Bleed claims that everyone thought the original mixes were even better than the finally released product. I would love to hear them for myself and decide. Either way, I'm still super hyped for this album.

Does anyone know where you can preorder it? I can't find it anywhere!
Back to top Go down
c-deep

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 am

If the original Kill City demos don't exist anymore then where does the version of Johanna on Penetration come from? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 pm

ah, I was asking about Kill City elsewhere on here, I'm relieved it will be coming out, and sounding this good! Smile
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:45 am

c-deep wrote:
If the original Kill City demos don't exist anymore then where does the version of Johanna on Penetration come from? Does anyone know?

That's not a demo - it's a different mix, sans sax.
Back to top Go down
c-deep

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 am

Yeah, sans sax and with some great unused guitar tracks. I thought the demos were early mixes of the same material. The Johanna mix sounds considerably different from any released Kill City track (the drums for example), so i doubt it was done at the same mixing sessions.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill City promo   Kill City promo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill City promo
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next