Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MatteBalla

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-28

The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side   The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi!
New here, sorry if this is already in discussion on this forum but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Anyway I have The Stooges first LP on Elektra (EKS 74051) that is misspressed and has The Smiths on the B-side. So it all OK on the A-side but on the B-side it's all Smiths. I've also noticed that Iggy is credited as Iggy Stooge.

Is this a common misspress? Is this rare and worth anything?

I can take some photos if anyone wanna check out details - I'm not a Stooges collector by any means, I just like their music and wanna have the records. I should also add that the cover is not sayin anything about smiths, side two states the original tracks in the right order (no fun, real cool time... ) And also the labels on the record states the stooges and not smiths.

Any help appriciated!

Thanks in advance! / Matte
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side   The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:15 am

Iggy is listed as "Iggy Stooge" on all issues of the first album but I've never heard about this Smiths mispress before, though I must admit it made me laugh alot.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side   The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

Check www.morrissey-solo.com. They may better be able to answer this mystery.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side   The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges - Mispress with The Smiths on B-side
Page 1 of 1