Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kill City - Line CD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rubber legs

rubber legs

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Kill City - Line CD Empty
PostSubject: Kill City - Line CD   Kill City - Line CD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 am

The press release for the new Kill City remix/remaster claims that all previous CD pressings have been needle drops, but the copy I've been listening to for nearly 20 years isn't. It's the Line double CD that pairs Kill City with I'm Sick of You and I've never heard a single pop or crackle on it that would indicate that it's a needle drop. In fact, when I bought the previous Bomp reissue thinking that it was going to be an upgrade, I was surprised to hear that it was clearly mastered from vinyl. Does anyone know the source of the Line version?
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Kill City - Line CD   Kill City - Line CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Greg Shaw probably......
Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Kill City - Line CD   Kill City - Line CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I have the same Line pressing. Pretty sure it's not sourced from vinyl, but having compared it to a good vinyl rip I must say the vinyl (first pressing) sounds much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill City - Line CD   Kill City - Line CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill City - Line CD
Page 1 of 1