Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?

Go down 
+4
JohnB
woody
Natalie
osterbergermeister
8 posters
AuthorMessage
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Empty
PostSubject: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 am

I'm going to Hollywood and the first SF date. bounce

Can't make night #2. Should be great - I saw them at the Warfield two nights last time (2007).

Is Rock gonna be drumming? Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? 780554

If they cancel again it's gonna hurt. Hopefully this Austin 2012 date will pan out and not be some private gig at SXSW. Maybe they'll play ACL Festival, but that's not until September.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 pm

I'll be at the gig on Dec 6th. Would have liked to meet up but maybe next time.

Unfortunately, Scott will not be performing with the band.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 pm

That's very sad to hear. I hope he's well.

Best wishes to Scott.
Back to top Go down
JohnB

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm

I am flying in from Toronto for the two San Fran shows!.

Can't get enough of those Stooges.

Hey Natalie....if you need a ticket to the other San Fran show...just pipe up, I have an extra
Back to top Go down
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 am

I'll be at both shows...can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 pm

John, thanks for your offer. I have extras for both shows. Since they were postponed, some folks can't make it. If anybody needs tickets, pm me.

John and Mike, hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 pm

osterbergermeister wrote:
I'm going to Hollywood and the first SF date. bounce

Can't make night #2. Should be great - I saw them at the Warfield two nights last time (2007).

Is Rock gonna be drumming? Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? 780554

If they cancel again it's gonna hurt. Hopefully this Austin 2012 date will pan out and not be some private gig at SXSW. Maybe they'll play ACL Festival, but that's not until September.

I've been out of the loop for awhile...

I saw them in Ann Arbor.

Anyway, I'm sad to hear Rock isn't playing the shows. But, I am also glad that Iggy is "keeping on keeping on"...

So, you've heard about an Austin 2012 gig? So we can look forward to some touring in 2012? The obligatory Euro Fest Circuit?

For any of you: Do you see a LONG-TERM future for "Iggy and the Stooges" WITHOUT Rock?

Best wishes to all of you going to the Cali shows.

Looking forward to reviews, pics, vids, etc... Cool
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

Direct from Stooge camp......Scott will be back ion "ROCK ACTION" mode in the spring of 2012.
Back to top Go down
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:15 am

First SF show just concluded: TREMENDOUS!! I had seen James Williamson's warm up show in San Jose in 2009 and Iggy solo in 1987 and 1994, but this show was clearly in a league of its own. The band was ON FIRE! Iggy's voice was spot-on, he danced like a man possessed, and held the crowd in the palm of his hands...WOW! James Williamson is my favorite guitar player, and he was totally ON tonight: the solo in Raw Power could stop time and part the seas...fucking amazing. Watt held it down with style and skill. Steve McKay blew lots of tasty notes and really contributed to the mix nicely. Of course, I wish Rock Action was behind the kit, but his stand-in did a fabulous job. Awesome show all around...can't wait for the next one!!
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am

Natalie wrote:
Direct from Stooge camp......Scott will be back ion "ROCK ACTION" mode in the spring of 2012.

Very Happy cheers so glad to hear that, thanks for the good news. Rock on!
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:09 am

do you remember the tracklist?
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 am

I think this was most, if not all, of the set:

Raw Power
Search and Destroy
Gimme Danger
Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
Shake Appeal
I Need Somebody
Funhouse
Night Theme
Beyond The Law
I Got A Right
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Open Up and Bleed

Encore:
Penetration
No Fun
Cock In My Pocket
Back to top Go down
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:46 am

Another cool element of the show was Derek See from the Careless Hearts (I think that was Derek) playing the role of DJ before the show and spinning some VERY cool vintage R&B tunes...GREAT JOB!!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 am

Medford Mike wrote:
Another cool element of the show was Derek See from the Careless Hearts (I think that was Derek) playing the role of DJ before the show and spinning some VERY cool vintage R&B tunes...GREAT JOB!!

He's also playing the Celeste keyboard part on Penetration and he's James W's guitar tech

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks Studioguy, I'll pay closer attention to the celeste part and look/listen for Derek if they play Penetration again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?   Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's try this again: Who's going to any of the USA dates?
Page 1 of 1