Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy interview from Vans off the wall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Empty
PostSubject: Iggy interview from Vans off the wall   Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 am

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy interview from Vans off the wall   Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 am

Gee whizz, how can he keep a straight face?!

"When did you first hear about Vans?" pfffffff...! Iggy interview from Vans off the wall 662248

I mean it's cool that now Iggy can make all kinds of money - and I didn't care at all about the Swiftcover insurance, the ads were funny and I thought made good fun of Iggy's public image as an wildman/outsider - but that Vans interview makes me cringe a bit.

He says right there the secret of his own style has been to ignore what everyone else is wearing. Maybe there's the subliminal message to us all. Don't buy into the corporate labels. It's cool that he takes their money and laughs all the way to the bank, but we should all know better. Wink

The shoes look boring too, like the kind of thing you'd wear to shuffle about comfortably in the old folks' home.

I hope they're paying him well. It's funny, seeing him in that interview clip reminds me of all the talk of what a talent he'd have had for politics. pirat
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Iggy interview from Vans off the wall   Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Iggy in Raw Power lettering, guess that's the album the world should know about.
I agree with you regarding Swiftcover, Woody. Thought it was just fair that Iggy could finally make some money, same would have gone for the rest of the bands.
"When did you first hear of Vans".. I'm not even commenting that, haha.

What struck me, is as it seem Vans use our own Rock's design.
Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Iggyva10
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy interview from Vans off the wall   Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm sure it will be fine as long as he doesn't start wearing them on stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy interview from Vans off the wall   Iggy interview from Vans off the wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy interview from Vans off the wall
Page 1 of 1