Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best versions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
turnblue69

turnblue69

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-04-06

best versions Empty
PostSubject: best versions   best versions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

what do you guys think the best versions of open up and bleed and rich bitch are?
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

best versions Empty
PostSubject: Re: best versions   best versions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm

turnblue69 wrote:
what do you guys think the best versions of open up and bleed and rich bitch are?

In my opinion the best version of 'Open Up & Bleed' (although incomplete) is on the 'Michigan Palace' CD. Listen to Scott Thurston's keyboard work. He uses subtle key changes that I have not heard in any other version and it works perfectly. The same version is on 'Metallic 2X KO' but is not quite as good sound quality.

For 'Rich Bitch' it just has to be the version on 'Metallic KO'.

Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

best versions Empty
PostSubject: Re: best versions   best versions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:16 am

Agree with Rich Bitch.
My favourite Stooges take of Open Up And Bleed is from a bootleg 7'' (called OU&B Pts 1 & 2). It's the same version as on Live At Whiskey A Go Go but from a different source. Thanks jp!
My favourite version overall might be the one by These Immortal Souls (the band of Rowland S. Howard), but it's a bit light compared to the Whiskey version.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

best versions Empty
PostSubject: Re: best versions   best versions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 am

Always liked the version of Open Up and Bleed on the cd Back To The Noise, great concise version, havent heard it anywhere else, not sure of its recording origin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

best versions Empty
PostSubject: Re: best versions   best versions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best versions
Page 1 of 1