Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges Kept Going...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ale

Ale

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-04-17

The Stooges Kept Going... Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges Kept Going...   The Stooges Kept Going... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:32 pm

What would've happened had The Stooges kept going? Say after Metallic K.O. when Iggy cleared up, say he tried to reform The Stooges in 1975? What'd you all think will be the outcome of this reformation? Who would've been in the band besides Ron and Scott? Could they have saved Dave and/or Zeke from their deaths that year by trying to get them back in the band? And where would they be right now if they had done that reformation in 1975 or 1976?

Sorry for the awful lot of questions but I was pondering these thoughts in the morning while listening to 1969 and I'm curious to know what all of you reading this think about it.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Kept Going...   The Stooges Kept Going... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Had they regrouped in say late '74 or early '75, I could've seen them coming out with a souped up version of Kill City with a stronger performance and track listing. I guess the best they could have hoped for was to ride out the first wave of Punk as the genres 'Godfathers' and meeting at least the same success as Iggy's early solo career. Can't see them being able to survive Post-1980 however without crashing into the same 80's hard rock hell as Aerosmith and Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Ale

Ale

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-04-17

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Kept Going...   The Stooges Kept Going... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 pm

blackout88 wrote:
Had they regrouped in say late '74 or early '75, I could've seen them coming out with a souped up version of Kill City with a stronger performance and track listing. I guess the best they could have hoped for was to ride out the first wave of Punk as the genres 'Godfathers' and meeting at least the same success as Iggy's early solo career. Can't see them being able to survive Post-1980  however without crashing into the same 80's hard rock hell as Aerosmith and Alice Cooper

Interesting opinion, but who knows if they would've crashed out during the 80's? Perhaps they could've improvised and adapted to 80's hard rock? I mean they were more than capable of doing hard rock as evidenced by Raw Power, so maybe they could've picked up some louder equipment and come out with some 80ish sounding rock...

Although to be honest I don't think I would see them the same as I do now if they did the 80's hard rock, I just think that may not have been their best material and probably tensions would've risen and certain members would leave and in the mid 90's it would've been only a band with Iggy, and maybe James in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Kept Going...   The Stooges Kept Going... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges Kept Going...
Page 1 of 1