Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges film - Gimme Danger

Go down 
+39
AnxietyDilemma
neven
KarlR
stooges
Rigsby
sfstoogeling
Ale
mortytoad
pernil
earthdog70
dave mack
zenta138
andrew
AsteroidB612
dnlkmnd
Django
Pop Stüge
fabrice
kokolas
Cooper27
Tobin321
let me in!
gupio
jacqui_A
osterbergermeister
soldier
adams66
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
Perdu
midnight frank
Hectorlovesthestooges
oceanbreeze
Nadja
woody
ggriffin
Luzern
mc
ColourIsSound
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:17 pm

It was broadcasted on Dutch TV yesterday. You can watch it online (but I'm sure you only can if you live in Holland)

http://www.uitzendinggemist.net/programmas/1633-Het_Uur_van_de_Wolf.html
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Also on Belgium tv yesterday
Back to top Go down
Ken Wood

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:19 am

Finally saw the movie - and loved it! I am no expert and what I know about the Stooges I mostly learned here. Saw some new footage (to me). I felt the film was a jumbled affair, starting with the end and then jumping around music and picture-wise. I still loved it and think it is the best Stooges film I saw simply because I never saw any other (it there another serious documentary?). I very much would have appriciated a more chronological and historically acurate aproach but this is for the theaters and how many people do really care enough... etc. So I was both enthusiastic and dissapointed. This is not a bad film at all and I am glad it got made (alone for being able to watch them on the big screen). I feel a bit about it like I felt about 8 Days a week. Oh, and the kept the drug/scandal/freak-out factor low. I can guess why but I don`t know - did they expect me to go the screening with my mother?
Back to top Go down
midnight frank

midnight frank

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Found this clip of Iggy reciting the lyrics to "Repo Man" - but the video is also a compilation of most of the '69 Stooges footage, that are featured on the movie.
Back to top Go down
let me in!

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Lucas wrote:
It was broadcasted on Dutch TV yesterday. You can watch it online (but I'm sure you only can if you live in Holland)

http://www.uitzendinggemist.net/programmas/1633-Het_Uur_van_de_Wolf.html

Freebies are nice but here in North America we had to pay for our viewing pleasure. And pricey it was. But I have to say worth every penny.
I was blown away by the amount of time, effort, and yes, money that went into this. I think Jim did an incredible, amazing job. I understand now why it took so long. A lot of the complaints I've read seem like a lot of nitpicking. Compare this dvd to that which came with the Raw Power box set, in which we got a lot of talking heads, garbage quality St.Louis footage, and absolutely no attempt to license the Academy Of Music footage, which they either didn't care about or were too cheap to license. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about that. In my opinion Gimme Danger deserves nothing but accolades. A tremendous work of art.
Back to top Go down
PrettyFaceIsGoingToHell

PrettyFaceIsGoingToHell

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 7:16 pm

For anyone wondering "Gimmie Danger" is available to stream and on DVD on Netflix in the USA.
Back to top Go down
earthdog70

earthdog70

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 am

I just watched the DVD (that I purchased). The one thing that I thought was odd is that when they were talking about the reunions (with Ron and then James), they never brought up that they made new records. I know that The Weirdness doesn't compare to Funhouse but they could have been mentioned for 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Well, The Weirdness was just an embarrassing money grab and Ready To Die had James(who is on the outs with Iggy) involved.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 10:43 am

Be that as it may, in a documentary it is strange that those two records aren't even mentioned
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Lucas wrote:
Be that as it may, in a documentary it is strange that those two records aren't even mentioned

Yes, seeing as Jarmusch is such a Stooges fan I was quite surprised at quite a lot of general omissions in the Stooges storyline.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I guess we end up with a movie that experienced a lot of budget issues....

it is way too short to give a full image of the band anyway , and it is mostly Iggy's take on the Stooges ( I know most of them have departed this Earth at this point but there's a few close collaborators who could have been given more exposure )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges film - Gimme Danger
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7