Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson

Go down 
+14
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
JW82
world's forgotten boy
Shakes
bobyoung
Paul T
J.N
Donald
soldier
middleagedpunkrocker
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
MJG196
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:04 pm

if anything he's talking about gayna from the count dracula society, who sings backing vocals on 'night theme'.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:04 am

the night themes are very odd , i like the reprise night them, its pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Is there a diffrence beetwheen the Vinyl version and the Cd version?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:22 pm

world's forgotten boy wrote:
Is there a diffrence beetwheen the Vinyl version and the Cd version?

Apparently yes. I've heard it from others that vynils are those 'originally sounding' recordings. Just as they were done then. Neil Young said once that he listened to his or somebody else's recording on CD. Comparing it with the vynil one, he described the cd as 'the cold rain hitting his head' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:35 pm

I heard a vinyl once, a mates uncle gave him a player, and granted it sounde better, fuller or thicker, well fullers a better description, but i didnt think it was WAY better than CD, and i think CDs sound good too, i dunno, im not much of an audiophile, but in sayng that im guna by a vinyl player, the original raw power and a vinyl of the weirdness
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
im guna by a vinyl player, the original raw power

Yeah, that's what I wanna get too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 5:38 am

Evita, think the name was, look up the blog on stooges' myspace, has an indepth interview, sorry dont have time to get the address, its just in the blog tho

Yep, her name is Evita, she was James' girlfriend.

here's the link...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=28857666&blogID=150208208
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:41 pm

I just got this disc last week. WOW!!! Love it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 pm

You'no wat i just thought of, are these the only songs williamsom and iggy put together, amean are there no other songs even half songs, and whats the story with the original album, the mix that simon or garfunkel called ''rockin'' or ''the shit'' or something, i dunno, its just such a good album, and stooges/iggy gold dust is being dug up all the time (unganos, anyone?) u'no, i dunno, maybe there is some more kill city to be found

any thoughts?

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Kill City was the one Elton John wanted to put out on his Rocket label, maybe he has some tapes ?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:14 pm

thats wat im thinkin, we may yet hear that original mix which (i just remembered what simon and/or garfunkel said) the original mix which ''rocked like a motherfucker" - think that was it

does anyone know if elton is much a fan of iggy?
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:15 am

I believe he was quite taken by Iggy and really wanted to help out at the time
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:47 pm

I bougt "Iggy Pop & The Stooges: Original Punks" for 6 quid out of HMV recently. It has a rough mix of "Consolation Prizes", both of the "Night Theme"s joined together and the Kill City version of Johanna minus the sax. It also has a bunch of bootlegs (Delta Blues Shuffle, Head On etc) and the rest of Kill City apart from "Lucky Monkeys" and "Master Charge". It's well worth getting.

I heard a vinyl once, a mates uncle gave him a player, and granted it sounde better, fuller or thicker, well fullers a better description, but i didnt think it was WAY better than CD, and i think CDs sound good too, i dunno, im not much of an audiophile, but in sayng that im guna by a vinyl player, the original raw power and a vinyl of the weirdness

My dad has jukebox! It's awesome. I bought "I Got A Right" and "Search And Destroy" on 7" for it. They sound amazing, seriously it's a much denser, much better sound. Now just to track down an original copy of Fun House...

PS. Has anybody worked out the lyrics for Consolation Prizes?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:50 pm

I've also got that 'Original Punks' compilation. Didn't know anyone else had it...haven't seen it mentioned here before anyway.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:10 am

sounds worthwhile, i thought it was jst another compilation - yoiu have to be careful - bt i'll look out for it

HJW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson   KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILL CITY CD - Iggy & James Williamson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2