Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Search and destroy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Search and destroy Empty
PostSubject: Search and destroy   Search and destroy Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Heading to see the lads in dublin next month and was wondering if they play search and destroy live? Havent seen it in any setlists. Does anyone know? Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Search and destroy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and destroy   Search and destroy Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello (and welcome by the way).

The short answer is No.

Search and Destroy dates from the era when ROn ASheton was demoted from guitarist to bassist, in favor of James Williamson. Now they're reformed the version of the band in which Ron was the 'leader', and solely play songs from the first two albums, and their last. It would be a bit like asking Patrick Stewart to quote some of WIlliam Shatner's Star Trek lines...

ROn has bad memories of the later period, he has no ownership of that song, and doesn't want to play it. That said, there have been rumours that Iggy has been trying to persuade him to play that song in particular.
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Search and destroy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and destroy   Search and destroy Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Thanks for the reply, Its a pity they dont play it but hey the'll still be brilliant. I'll have to content myself with playing it in my own band.......
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Search and destroy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and destroy   Search and destroy Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I think Loose more than makes up for it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Search and destroy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search and destroy   Search and destroy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Search and destroy
Page 1 of 1