Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Empty
PostSubject: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:31 am

Im gonna be live from the 4th row today watching the stooges, im gonna try to sneak in my camcorder, and film all but a few of the songs, although i cant record myse;lf onstage i hope someone records a version of this and gets me recorded on stage, if anyone else is going to record this, and wants to swap copies sometime, that'd be great, i hope i dont get caught, wish me luck
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:10 am

By the way every one im 15, and i'll be the one weari g the iggy t-shirt that says raw power in red letters on the back, and if i get on stage wotch i probley will, you'll know its me Smile
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 8:53 am

Ok, cool...and be sure to have a ghoulish Friday the 13th!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
ZenDog

ZenDog

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Yes !! Today is the day we have been waiting for ..the best fucking rock n roll band on the planet. Live in their hometown Detroit at the beautiful Fox Theatre. And on Friday the 13th !! I will be there as well...look for a skinny old hippie wearing a leather jacket and walking with a cane. Getting too old for that main floor craziness so I will be sitting up in row 4 of the mezzanine. Excellent view of the stage and perfect placement for the best acoustics.

Zen Dog Radio http://search.mercora.com/page/ZenDog
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:37 pm

I think you too will be taking your camera Smile remember, stage and trollin' me wearing t shirt that says raw power on back Smile
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Jesus, you are 15 years old ? Incredible ! I'm over 40 hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
ZenDog

ZenDog

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:36 pm

And I am 52....and the first time I saw The Stooges was when was I was 14 at the legendary Grande Ballroom.

Permanently changed my life...it's all Iggy's fault...lol.

We will be playing a Stooges tribute today and through out the weekend on Zen Dog Radio. All the early stuff, cuts from his solo career, and tribute songs from 30 different bands.

Zen Dog Radio.. http://search.mercora.com/page/ZenDog
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:27 am

ZenDog wrote:
And I am 52....and the first time I saw The Stooges was when was I was 14 at the legendary Grande Ballroom.

I hate you. Sad

Can you please do a review of the show?!?! Please?!?! Start a new topic about it in this section obviously. Smile

ZenDog

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Well, then you are gonna really hate me when I tell you this story. I was also at the Michigan Palace in 1974 when they recorded Metallic KO. The boys from Six Mile Road and I were in a private side balcony overlooking the stage. This show is notable for historical reasons, but to tell the truth, the sound SUCKED ! And Iggy knew it. The crowd was rowdy and out of control, throwing eggs, rotten tomatoes, beer bottles, you name it. So. last night,33 years later, was the return of the Stooges to downtown Detroit, and the show was the BEST I have ever seen. The floor of the mezzanine was literally vibrating and shaking like an earthquake had hit Michigan.

I will let Jesus Loves The Stooges, our moderator, and local Stooges discography expert start a review of the Detroit show in a new topic, and then add to it. He was in the " pit " and up onstage during "Real Cool Time", and I'm sure he will have some interesting things to tell us.

Zen Dog http://search.mercora.com/page/ZenDog
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 5:21 pm

ZenDog wrote:
Well, then you are gonna really hate me when I tell you this story. I was also at the Michigan Palace in 1974 when they recorded Metallic KO. The boys from Six Mile Road and I were in a private side balcony overlooking the stage. This show is notable for historical reasons, but to tell the truth, the sound SUCKED ! And Iggy knew it. The crowd was rowdy and out of control, throwing eggs, rotten tomatoes, beer bottles, you name it.

Yeah, you're right. :<_<:

Can you please tell me more?!?! Write a review please.

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 7:41 pm

hi, could you tell us how the show was recorded ? I mean, did you see the guy who was handling it on a 4track or something ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 pm

I got kicked out on the first song for filming, but me and my father snuck back in, and shows that stupid fucking asshole ankel bitter up after the show, were gonna destroy his car...
zen did u record anything on cam ?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm

oh yeah i did get the setlist at the end of the show too Smile
Back to top Go down
ZenDog

ZenDog

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Sorry....they found my camera when I was walking in and I had to take it back to the car.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:32 pm

i wish they would have found mine when i walked in too, i didnt get on stage because of the goddamn thing Sad are u on mercora right now ? if so i;'ll message you
Back to top Go down
ZenDog

ZenDog

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 12:22 am

I am live on Mercora right now, and will be all night. Message me so we can trade stories.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 12:50 am

im on right now too, i messaged you, no reply... i'd live to exchange stories too its a sad story..
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 2:13 am

I told you not to take that camera! lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges   The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day's finally Here DETROIT stooges
Page 1 of 1