Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins

Go down 
+6
Nadja
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
homesickjameswilliamson
Jesi
G, F#, E
cb
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Empty
PostSubject: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:32 am

from PR agency Brazil for swiftcover.com:

King of Punk king Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Insurance Ad Campaign

swiftcover.com, the UK’s only online insurance company, is launching a major £25 million advertising campaign fronted by 70’s rock icon Iggy Pop. Launching Sunday, 4 January 2009, the new campaign marks a step change in car insurance advertising.

The ad campaign launches swiftcover.com’s new strategy “Get a Life”, using Iggy Pop to highlight the time saving hassle-free service provided by the wholly online insurance company. In the ads, Pop will be embracing his “online life” and how it provides efficiencies and cost savings to enable consumers to “Get a Life”.

One execution of the TV advert underlines the convenience of safely storing documents online, with Iggy reminiscing that he hasn’t seen his birth certificate for years. Another focuses on the time saved using swiftcover.com’s service, particularly the ability to request a quote in 60 seconds.

Tina Shortle, marketing director at swiftcover.com, said, “The new campaign is an exciting step for swiftcover.com and one which we think will create great stand out in this highly competitive marketplace. As the only online insurer, we feel this new and unique approach reflects our positioning as a young and innovative company.”

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm

wow Shocked

andeh...
is there any news about an album with new songs?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:28 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT IS TRUE! Suicide
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Jesi

Jesi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Meh, I'm really not sure what to think. :/

I really don't want to call him a sell-out...
Back to top Go down
http://jesih.deviantart.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Its just a bit sad but hey its Ig's decision.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 pm

its kinda selling out i guess, but sure iggys done it b4, for money to survive, so i guess technically it wasnt selling out
but who knows if he needs money, maybe the crunch has him looking for watever he can get
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Doubt the Credit Crunch will affecting Iggy's multiple homes and sports cars.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:34 pm

haha yeh spose, he has like 8 properties doesnt he? i dunno maybe he ust wants to build up a bit of money ''in case'' sure look what happened days after this came on air, he lost ron, and hence stooges, thats his touring life finsihed, and im wary about this Suck movie thing, cause altho i love iggy and evrerything, he's not the greatest actor and could hardly make a go of it now, maybe he just wants some security money or watever

speaking of, ive asked this b4 and didnt really get a reponse, well in dollar format, but how much is iggy worth?
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:59 am

Good question. I would say 5-10 million.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:27 pm

his entire wealth, includgin property and stuff? $10m? never actuallu knew but i thought it'd be more than that, spose he's only been rich for llike 15 yrs anyway
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Keep in mind that many of us Yanks lost 25-35% on our investments (including homes) in the last 5-6 months...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm

true cathy, forgot about that, probly explaining iggys move to do this ad campaign, and unlike some people (a friend of mine who already thought little of iggy but now dislikes him lol, or at least finds it strange that he did it) i cant blame him, i'd cash in on my name too if i could, he might as well

our houses, UK i mean, prices have plummeted too, to, well what they should be, at least nearer to, it was unfortunate for those who decided to buy at those ridiculous prices
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Anybody else starting to get pretty annoyed by these adverts?

Carribean Cruises aren't using "Lust For Life" anymore so maybe Iggy just likes to have something of his on the TV at all times. Laughing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm

i still like them, but thats only cause i hardly ever see the, i see the ones before and after the breaks for futurama on sky, they're alright they only last like 20-30 seconds anyway, so thats ok, but i hard ever see the main two ads
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:21 pm

I've seen the two main ads way too much but seeing any advert ten times in a night is way too much.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 pm

wow ten times in one night lol even as an exaggeration thats a lot lol

yeh i hate ads, i wouldnt mind so much except that to grab ur attention they increase their own volume, or make it, 30% louder probly and u have to turn it down and then turn the programme up again when its back on, fuckin hate ads, well just for that, otherwise i dont mind them, cept for being stupid, i like good ads though, like the ones i think it was honda used to make, and playstation always had good ads
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Its no exaggeration, I swear! And thats not counting the 20 second ones...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:35 pm

haha oh right, now that i think of it, it doesnt sound like an exaggeration, ads are on constanty

what channel(s) were you watching? i wanna see it more, least a couple more times, seen each of them about 2 times, maybe 3 and those were days apart, dunno if i'd like 10 in one night even if it was iggy lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Can't remember which channels they were all on Sky1 and ParamountComedy and quite a few more. But seriously don't go looking for them, you'll regret it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 pm

The link to the video is in one of my posts above.
Page one of this thread that is...

cb
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:52 pm

haha i'll let them come to me, theyre ads they'll be desperate for my attention anyway! lol
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm

is anyone else gettin annoyed with the media talking about the ad rather than gettin annoyed by the ad?

everyone, including friends of mine all really seem to hate iggy now for giving up on his 'ideals' or for him 'selling out' which he did it along time ago lol

plus, just cause iggy 'invented punk' doesnt mean he had the same ideals, when were the stooges concerned about the government and 'selling out' and the same stuff UK punk riled against, if wayne kramer did the ad, then i'd think he was 'selling out', though if he needed the money i woudnt begrudge him it

maybe its just slow news for some people and they have to cause a stir about the godfather of punk selling out - although the independant did an article on it, an online one, dunno if it was in the paper
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:13 pm

I agree Iggy never said anything against the government or about selling out. Hell, in 1972 around the time of "Raw Power" -which was one the UK punk scenes biggest influences - with The Stooges he covered "Money".

I have nothing against Iggy making money off of an advert but I just find them really annoying! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm

I would've preferred it if there had been more in the media about Ron anyway. But the british press know fuck-all

it's a funny ad, I'm certainly not annoyed by it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins   King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front £25 Million Car Ins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next