Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dutch Raw power vinyl

Go down 
+8
gabs
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
neven
G, F#, E
people
merkin
homesickjameswilliamson
larry fine
12 posters
AuthorMessage
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Dutch Raw power vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:41 am

I can remember back around the time of Raw Power's original vinyl release that there was a rumor that the Dutch version had a different mix. It was a story that made the rounds back then. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I've always wondered.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:19 am

wow cool, how would they have done it though, properly i mean, would they not have needed the master tapes and all that sort of stuff?

would be cool to hear, hope someone knows somehting
Back to top Go down
merkin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:29 am

Hi. This here is my first post though I've been "lurking" for a while. I heard a dutch pressing of the Raw Power lp about 20 years ago on cassette and can confirm that the mix was different. I remember Search & Destroy had the backing vocals that were recently heard on the "Iggy" mix and that the snare drum was more present. I don't remember the other tracks as it was in a car and we were smoking some weed at the time....

Love this forum, by the way.
Back to top Go down
people

people

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 pm

interesting... still haven't heard the mix of search on the aquarius OST
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 pm

merkin wrote:
I heard a dutch pressing of the Raw Power lp about 20 years ago on cassette and can confirm that the mix was different. I remember Search & Destroy had the backing vocals that were recently heard on the "Iggy" mix and that the snare drum was more present.
Love this forum, by the way.

That's interesting. I just bought a copy of the Dutch vinyl on Ebay. I can't wait to check this out.

BTW, welcome from another recent arrival.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:03 pm

This is really interesting, please let us know what its like Larry!cheers

And welcome to the forum merkin!Smile
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:39 pm

there are many dutch raw power pressings;
original with sticker iggy raw power on sleeve
2nd press iggy raw power printed on sleeve
embassey 1977 reissue
another 1977 reissue not ambassey but cbs
+later ones

''raw power''has a different mix but the other songs are the same or very small differences
the original english pressing also has a different mix of raw power

i've had more duch raw power pressings but never found one with a different mix.this rumour came from an australian magazine late 80's i think
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for the info. I gotta get my hands on that UK pressing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
gabs

gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 am

Hey guys
Never mind the bollocks, this is the best issue of Raw Power. It's the Italian print by CBS of 1973. The tweeter burns on the Williamson's guitar!
Enjoy.
Dutch Raw power vinyl Iggy
Dutch Raw power vinyl Label
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:51 am

I dunno, I have the original US pressing. Still in the shrink wrap, with the "Iggy" sticker. It sounds great to me!

I also have the 180 gram reissue...that sounds good too.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
I dunno, I have the original US pressing. Still in the shrink wrap, with the "Iggy" sticker. It sounds great to me!

I also have the 180 gram reissue...that sounds good too.

Yeah, well, of course. My original point was simply that I'd heard rumors over the years and wondered if anyone knew if they were true. Also, being at least somewhat of a completist it would be interesting to find out.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:27 am

I see. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 pm

the original u.k.pressing has a dark orange label s65586(kc32111) and a b/w innersleeve of the mick rock photo on the front sleeve
good hunting!
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:52 pm

i just wanted to say thanks to the people who know their shit on this. i just looked through my many copies of raw power (10?) and noticed that i have this one. i have no means of a way to transfer it to digital, but it's still good to know i have this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi there,

The mix on the "Aquatic" OST is the "Iggy Mix" just not as loud.
Back to top Go down
iggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:20 pm

neven wrote:

the original u.k.pressing has a dark orange label s65586(kc32111) and a b/w innersleeve of the mick rock photo on the front sleeve
good hunting!

My UK LP, purchased from the local record shop the year it came out, has a plain white inner sleeve.

I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to find. While it may not have been a massive seller, David Bowie was huge at the time and having his name next to mixed by on the back cover shifted a fair few copies.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 am

neven wrote:

good hunting!

Thanks for the info and the rest!

Yeah, the original US pressing has that inner sleeve too.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, I got my Dutch vinyl copy the other day. Unfortunately, it is a later than original release and has the same mix that came out in the US. Luckily I didn't pay very much for it. I'm still going to look for the original Dutch pressing. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 am

Is there any chance someone could load up a lossless version of the Dutch LP mix, on one of the more 'tolerant' (ie non Dime!) torrent sites?

I do have a tape of the original FM broadcast of the first mixes, in stereo unlike on that 'Rough Power' CD from the 90's...when I can get it loaded up to my pc I hope to torrent that eventually.
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 am

Maybe these have been heard, but figured I put the link up -

Search and Destroy (stereo/mono) single release

http://boogiewoogieflu.blogspot.com/2008/07/search-and-destroy.html
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:17 pm

neven wrote:
there are many dutch raw power pressings;
original with sticker iggy raw power on sleeve
2nd press iggy raw power printed on sleeve
embassey 1977 reissue
another 1977 reissue not ambassey but cbs
+later ones

''raw power''has a different mix but the other songs are the same or very small differences
the original english pressing also has a different mix of raw power

i've had more duch raw power pressings but never found one with a different mix.this rumour came from an australian magazine late 80's i think

Just re-read this thread....

So to clarify, Raw Power, is that the same as on the UK pressing?

As far as I remember on the original UK pressing the mix was wide stereo throughout, but later pressings and the CD had Raw Power (or was it Search and Destroy come to think of it?) more mono-ish.

Further up the thread there's the suggestion that Raw Power on this LP had the backing vocals, so I'm curious as to the *exact* mix of Raw Power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Raw power vinyl   Dutch Raw power vinyl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dutch Raw power vinyl
Page 1 of 1