Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?

Go down 
+28
Radiobirdman73
Perdu
JW82
mc
GONZIGGY
Bella
popmansam
adams66
Petrie Terrace
Hectorlovesthestooges
Donald
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
heavy liquid
trailerborn
homesickjameswilliamson
Iguanas
ChinLee
studioguy
Natalie
MJG196
Nadja
larry fine
Paul T
jared
Funhousehideaway#2
G, F#, E
sweet_sixteen
Nitebob
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Hello,
Does anyone know what happened to Jimmy Recca?

nitebob
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:34 am

I have started a thread on this topic twice and never gotten a reply, good luck to you sir cause i for one would like to know.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Just keep this thread active Smile I'd like to know to too, maybe Paul T could shed some light.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I had heard he lived in Chicago and was in the aeronautics industry.
This was years back though and I don't remember the source.
Back to top Go down
jared

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Funhousehideaway#2 wrote:
I had heard he lived in Chicago and was in the aeronautics industry.
This was years back though and I don't remember the source.

http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&qf=James&qmi=&qn=Recca&qs=IL&trackit=74

This might be it. If he works in Aeronautics, Tricor Systems, Inc. is in Elgin, IL about an hour from Chicago. Plus the age matches up.

Last edited by jared on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 pm

I can't see the link how old is he, cause n wikipedia it says he was born in 1952 but that can't be right because that would mean he was only 19 in 1971 when he joined the Stooges.
Back to top Go down
jared

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 pm

He's 56, but what does it matter if he was 19? Scott was what, 18 when he started?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:13 am

I used Intelius and phoned every James or Jimmy Recca listed in the US when I did the book. I might have recorded some of the searches & will check if I tried any Chicago ones- that was a new one on me.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:14 am

sweet_sixteen wrote:
I can't see the link how old is he, cause n wikipedia it says he was born in 1952 but that can't be right because that would mean he was only 19 in 1971 when he joined the Stooges.
Specially as he was in the Chosen Few in what, 66?
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:00 am

I remember Ron telling me a year or so ago that he had heard that Recca had spent some time in jail. I have no idea if that is true and Ron didn't either. He had heard it through someone.

Maybe Dennis Thompson can shed some light on this.
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:39 am

I emailed Dennis Thompsen and he had no idea what became of Jimmy Recca.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Paul T wrote:
[Specially as he was in the Chosen Few

was he?

seems like it's one of those facts I can never remember
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:54 pm

James Williamson introduced Recca to the band didn't he? Because they were good friends, did you ask him Paul because if not I'll email him.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:57 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Jimmy was considered the "baby" of the group. He would be 56 or 57 now. That age sounds correct.

I read recently that he had a son and that his son had no idea where he was.
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:16 am

Natalie wrote:
Jimmy was considered the "baby" of the group. He would be 56 or 57 now. That age sounds correct.

I read recently that he had a son and that his son had no idea where he was.

I've wondered about his birthdate, if you're right, that would put him born around 1952 which would make him 19 in 1971 when he was with the Stooges, but i don't think he looks that young in the few pictures i've seen of him...

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Stooges_recca

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Recca_Pop
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 am

I knew him. He was a bit younger than the other guys. James just turned 60 as did Scott. I think he would be 56 or 57 or maybe 58 now. I don't think he was older.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:37 am

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ChinLee

ChinLee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 am

I knew him in LA in the 70's - 80's. Best I can remember he was must be about '1952-3. After New Order I heard he returned to his blues roots playing a Strat in a blues incarnation and touring Europe and I think South America. Then did some six string studio work in LA, and played base again for some metal stuff with Vengeance. He came by my shop and dropped off some records. I read he was playing some blues with Danny Kirwin and Jeremy Spencer some other British guys. I heard after he was up north and did some stuff with Jack Bruce and Mic Taylor in the Bay Area. I work with some chick who still knows him she says he was living in a German Commune with some Swiss/Italian actress type, but they moved to Tibet (I think), but I last heard he's in southern Europe and is out of music tracing the origin of marine antiquities farming organic grapes, and olives, and exploring geothermal energy alternatives off the coast of Lampedusa. Sho nuff son.

Last edited by ChinLee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:30 am

ChinLee wrote:
I knew him in LA in the 70's - 80's. Best I can remember he was born about '53. After New Order I heard he returned to his blues roots playing a Strat in a blues incarnation and touring Europe and I think South America. Then did some six string studio work in LA, and played base again for some metal stuff with Vengeance. He came by my shop and dropped off some records. I read he went to blues with some British guys I heard the name Jack Bruce in San Francisco. Rumor is here in Brentwood where I work now is , he was living in a German Commune with some Swiss/Italian actress type, moved to Tibet, and was last heard of tracing the origin of marine antiquities, farming organic grapes, and olives, and exploring geothermal energy alternatives off the coast of Lampedusa. Sho nuff son.

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Quote :
I knew him in LA in the 70's - 80's. Best I can remember he was born about '53. After New Order I heard he returned to his blues roots playing a Strat in a blues incarnation and touring Europe and I think South America. Then did some six string studio work in LA, and played base again for some metal stuff with Vengeance. He came by my shop and dropped off some records. I read he went to blues with some British guys I heard the name Jack Bruce in San Francisco. Rumor is here in Brentwood where I work now is , he was living in a German Commune with some Swiss/Italian actress type, moved to Tibet, and was last heard of tracing the origin of marine antiquities, farming organic grapes, and olives, and exploring geothermal energy alternatives off the coast of Lampedusa. Sho nuff son.

wow, thats a strange lifestory lol typcially stooge i guess

thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 am

If born in '53, he would've been about 18 at the '71 shows and already a fine bassist. Crazy bio if true.

Any Stooges fans in Tibet?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 am

ChinLee wrote:
I knew him in LA in the 70's - 80's. Best I can remember he was must be about '1952-3. After New Order I heard he returned to his blues roots playing a Strat in a blues incarnation and touring Europe and I think South America. Then did some six string studio work in LA, and played base again for some metal stuff with Vengeance. He came by my shop and dropped off some records. I read he was playing some blues with Danny Kirwin and Jeremy Spencer some other British guys. I heard after he was up north and did some stuff with Jack Bruce and Mic Taylor in the Bay Area. I work with some chick who still knows him she says he was living in a German Commune with some Swiss/Italian actress type, but they moved to Tibet, then back to Europe and is out of music tracing the origin of marine antiquities, farming organic grapes, and olives, and exploring geothermal energy alternatives off the coast of Lampedusa. Sho nuff son.

I think Jimmy or somebody is having some fun with us with this. The search continues.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:28 am

trailerborn wrote:
If born in '53, he would've been about 18 at the '71 shows and already a fine bassist. Crazy bio if true.

Any Stooges fans in Tibet?

OK, so maybe he was supposed to graduate in 1971 then...

ChinLee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:36 am

No, Studioguy, I said I used to work with that guy and so did this chick I still know in my building who still communicates from time to time. He used to pick up extra scratch at this club she worked at nights. He did a blues unplugged thing, he was friends with the owner she said so he did it as a favor. I can ask her more. Maybe she is jokey, but I don thin so. Check it out Lampedusa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next