Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!

Go down 
+11
dereksee
don_vercetti
Paul T
sheddy
G, F#, E
Funhouse
Nitebob
larry fine
Rode Hard
Stranger09
MJG196
15 posters
AuthorMessage
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Empty
PostSubject: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:02 pm

I must say, it is interesting the interview is up on the OFFICIAL Stooges page. The interview is pretty pathetic (cliched and uninformed questions), but interesting thanks to James.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:55 pm

thanks for pointing this out...I'd never noticed it was there until you mentioned it (blushes)! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:12 am

Of all the things to interview James on they ask about Kiss and Nikki Sixx? And they insult him with questions about drugs? This can't be an OFFICIAL Stooge site.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:50 pm

It is official : however look at what has been officially sanctioned for release.

Like the diabolically bad Mantra Studios recording on Where the Faces Shine Vol 1 when a better one had been torrented before then (and I think my tape *might* be better than the torrent imo).
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:19 am

Thi is the second time I've seen interviews where James denies any drug addiction. I'm certainly no expert and who can argue with wanting to deny things like this that could be detrimental to family/work life, but it seems to me I remember him being just as out of it as Iggy and Scott back in the day. I'd like to believe him, but from stories that Ron and Scott have told and my own eyes and (admittedly) hazy memory I think he's in denial. I guess he knows better than I do.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:34 am

Well, an analogy that springs to mind is this : Chrissie Hynde gets asked in some interviews about the fact that two of the Pretenders died, of heroin overdoses. When it was said about the guys being 'on heroin' she said, no, they weren't 'on it' all the time, and actually used the words 'it was the 80's' to typify the lifestyle.

Personally I'm pretty anti drugs, but I can understand someone who used or uses drugs on and off not calling it an addiction if in their eyes they chose to do it at times, rather than being strung out an hour after waking up each morning.
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:43 am

When I worked shows with the Stooges in 1973, the only one who was incapacitated at times was Pop. Especially at the Academy of Music Show. I think James Williamson has been given a bad deal in the Please Kill Me book. At shows I did in October 1973 with The Stooges in Detroit, James explained to me in detail, the mechanics of points in a record deal. I never saw the man a mess.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Where's the interview? Could somebody post a link? Apologies if it's really obvious, but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Funhouse wrote:
Where's the interview? Could somebody post a link? Apologies if it's really obvious, but I can't find it.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=28857666&blogId=149497902
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for that
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:28 am

Rode Hard wrote:
Of all the things to interview James on they ask about Kiss and Nikki Sixx? And they insult him with questions about drugs? This can't be an OFFICIAL Stooge site.

I thought it was fair to ask James about drugs, but, tbh, surely with only 10 questions to ask, there could've been a better one to ask.
Agree the way it came up, by mentioning Nikki Six and asking James if he wanted to write a similar book covering drug addiction was a bit of an insult. Regardless of the bands usage of them back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Who DIDN'T do drugs or booze when they were 20. Rolling Eyes I call bullshit on anybody who says they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:01 am

James is no angel, he's also has a lot of bad press from Leee Childers in particular, who hated him. Plenty of people say he was the one holding the band together at the end.
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:16 pm

that's a pretty old interview isn't it? about 2006 or so at least
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:37 am

don_vercetti wrote:
that's a pretty old interview isn't it? about 2006 or so at least

I don't know. My main point is, if the interview is that shitty, with an interviewer who obviously didn't do any fact-checking, why fucking post it on the official page at all? It's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:50 pm

If anyone would like a copy of the complete transcript of the interview I did with James for Fretboard Journal magazine, email me directly:

dereksdaily45@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
don_vercetti

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:29 pm

could you post it up here?
Back to top Go down
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Don, I tried. There is far too much text to post.
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Make a new thread Smile
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:54 pm

dereksee wrote:
Don, I tried. There is far too much text to post.

i emailed you about it, waiting for a reply...
Back to top Go down
bobyoung

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:05 am

Rode Hard wrote:
Who DIDN'T do drugs or booze when they were 20. Rolling Eyes I call bullshit on anybody who says they didn't.

He didn't say he never did drugs, he said he was never a heroin addict.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 am

Yes, bobyoung. I KNOW James didn't say he never did drugs. I read the whole thing. And I never mentioned heroin in my posts. James is my all-time favorite musician. BIG fan here. I'm pissed off anybody would disrespect the guy who gave us Raw Power and Kill City with idiotic questions about drugs. The muttonhead who asked all that probably did every illegal substance known to man, but he wasn't the one who was trapped into talking about it on a public forum that will be read by everybody on the planet including his business colleagues and his kids. I did drugs, you did drugs, Bill Clinton did drugs, we all did drugs. Again, anybody who said they didn't use some substance when they were young is a liar. Jesus hanging Christ how many times does James have to admit to it? It was 30 years ago anyway. Let it die.

I'm all done talking about this stupid interview by somebody who obviously doesn't know shit from brown paint.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 am

Amen, sister.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm glad some of you liked the interview!

To those that didn't: I felt it was a legitimate question to ask James if he would write a book like Nikki Sixx (a big Stooges fan btw) did aka 'The Heroin Diaries' I think it would be a very interesting book!

Also, I wanted his opinion on what he thought about KISS...who did go on to be one of the biggest rock bands of the 70s! Plus, KISS opened for the Stooges back in '73!

Anyway, I felt both questions were relevant! I'm sorry they weren't to you. Perhaps you could do a better interview. Please do so. I'd like to see the results. You trashed me, the myspace page, and the interview. You went beyond simple opinion. You made this personal. This is not acceptable.

And yes, there will be a Part 2. Stay tuned.

And yes, the myspace page is absolutely Official. Mike, Scott, Iggy, and Ron (RIP) have it in their top friends. The page is run and designed by me and the fine folks at Virgin Records. We have worked hard on this for the last 3 1/2 years. Furthermore, pick up any copy of 'The Weirdness.' The myspace page is clearly printed on the cd and the back of the tray card.

Thanks for your time.

Take care,

-Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
mikel

mikel

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm

James Williamson is da man! Talking ´bout careers here. New pics of James in suit and tie are quite funny...at least if you think what he looked like in Stooges´heyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!   James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson Interview on Stooges MySpace page?!
Page 1 of 1