Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Unganos from Easy Action

Go down 
+16
Marcrothe1
G, F#, E
Stranger09
studioguy
homesickjameswilliamson
neven
freemind
Garageman
adams66
Nadja
mc
Monger
trailerborn
pernil
larry fine
Donald
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

No Unganos from Easy Action Empty
PostSubject: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Just spotted this on the EA website

Stooges

well you can never take away the loss we all felt at the start of the year losing ron asheton. But the news that james willamson will be rehearsing with scott and iggy presumably mike watt, is certainly very very exciting . the possibility of the raw power album being toured with some extra tracks from around that time.... can you imagine being able to see Open up & Bleed played live !!!

Stooges fans also have to dig deep this year as the 1971 set will be available soon from

www.stooges1971.com there is to be only 1000 made and comes in a hardback book type style package with japanese obi replica tickets and polaroids , The recordings are all audience recordings transferred from cassette . However they capture what is surely the least documented period of the stooges live on stage performing songs that even the band have forgotten and never to be heard again save for I got a right .

Also Stooges : The authorised story book by Robert Matheu and Jeffrey Morgan will be with us in October and that promises to have photos in it that will blow you away .

We lost out on the Unganos 1970 tape sadly.We offerred the asking price with an assurance the stooges would co own and be paid , however i think we were caught up in some political situation between the vendor and Rhino . God knows what will happen to it now .

We are still on the look out for tapes , film and photos of the stooges , we are following some leads right now and hope to have some interesting stuff to be able to relay to you before long .

Thanks to James Williamson for allowing us to see the silent film of the stooges at academy of music new york, new years eve 1973 amazing stuff ! if we can get the owner to let us use it we will get to work on cleaning the audio .

2009-05-27

Maybe if anyone knows anybody at Rhino they could ask what is going on?
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing specific going on right now. I know the guy who owns the tape and a few months ago when we spoke he was talking to Rhino about releasing it. At that point there was nothing definite. He is anxious to get it released.

He had a slightly different version of the story Easy Action tells regarding the negotiations.

I need to get back in touch with him. He let me know that if he couldn't get any release worked out that I could go over and listen to the tape. That would be nice but I'd rather see it released.
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm

The Ungano's tape needs to be released! It's from the August 1970 stand, when they added some new stuff (hopefully captured on tape) and had the 6-piece lineup. Hopefully something can be worked out. Per
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:24 pm

I'd love to see the 12/31/73 show, but it's too bad one of the earlier '73 shows (the first Max's set, for example) was'nt videotaped. The band was a lot less heroin-damaged and way more ferocious at that point, if not on par w/ the incredible Recca/Asheton/Williamson line-up.

Have'nt listened to it in a while, but Iggy is just staggeringly messed up at the Academy show: slurred vocals, multiple songs are introduced as 'I Got Nothing' etc.

Really bummed about the Ugano's show.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm

is the Unganos show an audience tape also or off the boards?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm

I heard at the end of March from JG that things were going OK with Unganos. Larry if you do get a listen, see if the last track is Way Down in Egypt were Iggy wails "I'm Dead" repeatedly. Steve Mackay said he'd heard that there was a tape with Egypt on it, so I presume it must be this.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:28 pm

pernil wrote:
The Ungano's tape needs to be released! It's from the August 1970 stand, when they added some new stuff (hopefully captured on tape) and had the 6-piece lineup.

oh my ...August 1970.
Six-piece lineup?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Yup - six.
Iggy, Ron, Scott, Steve plus Zeke Zettner on bass and Bill Cheatham on second guitar.
How I would LOVE to hear this tape!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Oh yes, me too. That tape simply has to be released!
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Great news for me i've nerver heard about that before. Can't wait! gogo released! Smile

Last edited by freemind on Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:27 am

the silent 31dec73 8mm film was sho in colour by amos poe(blank generation) and ivan kral
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:55 am

damn, i forgot unganos had zeke and cheatham! this thing must be released, that sounds amazing, esp the latter 1970 stuff like way down in egypt, i know it was prbably just freak or even more random noise, but still, it must be released!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:17 pm

freemind wrote:
Great news can't wait! gogo released! Smile

Shocked

What great news? scratch
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:35 pm

Total newb question, but what is the Unganos show?

Post Funhouse and pre-Williamson?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Yes,after dave alexander left, with Zeke on bass and Billy on 2nd guitar...a very short lived 6 piece line up that nobodys ever heard..this may be the only document that exists,aside from a few photos
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:49 pm

Monger wrote:
Yes,after dave alexander left, with Zeke on bass and Billy on 2nd guitar...a very short lived 6 piece line up that nobodys ever heard..this may be the only document that exists,aside from a few photos

With Steve on Sax as well? That would be a very interesting show! I hope it shows up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:54 pm

yes he was,so you can imagine why everyone wants to hear it.If rhino did get it,i hope they dont dilly dally too long with it,but that funhouse box they did was godlike (altho id bet if EA had gotten it,itd have been a supreme job!)
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:03 pm

The funhouse set is REALLY cool for me as I've been a recording engineer for a long time and to hear all the takes and how they did the actual recording was just the best.

I had a band last year that wanted to record totally live in one room like that and I was more than willing!! It came out very good.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:05 pm

yeah,thats a great set...id hoped a raw power set like it would be released,but i dont think many takes were done.
Alice coopers "killer" needs that treatment too!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Monger wrote:
yeah,thats a great set...id hoped a raw power set like it would be released,but i dont think many takes were done.
Alice coopers "killer" needs that treatment too!

The 1st Album outtakes would be killer also, but nobody ever talks about the possibility of those existing. I would have to think there must be something.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:18 pm

been done as a double CD set,cale mixes and a couple different takes/extended versions...most of that was done first take and rather quickly
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Monger wrote:
been done as a double CD set,cale mixes and a couple different takes/extended versions...most of that was done first take and rather quickly

Cool!! Now I have something else to try and find!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:43 pm

studioguy wrote:
Monger wrote:

it's something you def. have to get ... I've rated that album above ALL others for years & yet I only got that double set a few months ago!
(Altho I'm not satisfied...still want more from that album!)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:55 pm

adams66 wrote:
Yup - six.
Iggy, Ron, Scott, Steve plus Zeke Zettner on bass and Bill Cheatham on second guitar.
How I would LOVE to hear this tape!
Cheers,
Richard

I forgot about Cheatham Embarassed
But he didn't play for very long at all, did he?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Nadja wrote:
studioguy wrote:
Monger wrote:

it's something you def. have to get ... I've rated that album above ALL others for years & yet I only got that double set a few months ago!
(Altho I'm not satisfied...still want more from that album!)

What's the name of that CD?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Unganos from Easy Action   No Unganos from Easy Action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Unganos from Easy Action
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next