Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New News from Easy Action

Go down 
+7
Natalie
Rob Gallucci
Nadja
cb
homesickjameswilliamson
G, F#, E
mc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

New News from Easy Action Empty
PostSubject: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Some very interesting new news from Easy Action in "Stop Press" but what's in "Updates" really excites me.

http://www.easyaction.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 pm

That fan club thing sounds brilliant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

yeh the cd/dvd thing of james' gig sounds great

but Natalie's project sounds good, replica sheets and the mini album/ep thing of unheard 1970 live stuff sounds great!

could be exciting
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Yep, that's James' video - his stationary camera

cb
http://iggypop.org
http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
That fan club thing sounds brilliant Very Happy

doesn't it just!!!! Very Happy This is REALLY wonderful news! I'm so excited now, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Easy Action: It's a done deal. Vinyl/CD/DVD of the Careless Hearts show.

cb sunny
http://iggypop.org
http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Quote :
Easy Action: It's a done deal. Vinyl/CD/DVD of the Careless Hearts show.

that was quick! good news thanks cathy

cant wait to hear it in good quality
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:50 am

I wonder if the fan club thing will be the usual fan club deal - a year's subscription with a monthly newsletter etc
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:37 am

I was guessing it would be a set with copies of the originals and a CD as well as photos. Both are good.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:14 am

I think it'll just be presented in a book with the CD and probably something else like a poster - i think they mentioned something about polaroids as well, should be a nice set, looking forward to this as well
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:05 am

Just looking at this thread and the questions.

The fan club pack will consist of copies of the original fanzines called "Popped" and some Polaroid copies of unseen candid and maybe a stage shot or two taken by me back in the day.

One thing I can assure is the fanzines are not typical newsletters, LMAO. They are just as different as the band they represented!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks for the info on the Fan Club deal Nat.

The "Press For Iggy Pop" promo of one of Iggy '79 shows sounds kick ass. I wish all the Stooges live stuff had that good of recording sound to them.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:31 am

Hey Natalie... the late 1970 era tape that you have mentioned... could you give a quick comment on the sound quality of it ? is it pretty decent ?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:56 pm

That sounds great Natalie, thanks

really looking forward to it

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 pm

JLTS,

I can't really say because I no longer have a cassette player so I sent it off and I will be as surprised as everybody else. I did not think I had any of my old Stooge stuff but I am finding a few things in boxes with other things.

Back in the day I sent out autographed pub shots and some snap shots I had taken as well as picks and drum sticks. Sometimes when fans would meet

with me at the shows they would give me things in return which is how I acquired that old tape.

All I know is it was recorded at some shows during 1970 at least that was what was written on it. I am very curious also !!!

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Natalie wrote:
JLTS,

I can't really say because I no longer have a cassette player so I sent it off and I will be as surprised as everybody else. I did not think I had any of my old Stooge stuff but I am finding a few things in boxes with other things.

Back in the day I sent out autographed pub shots and some snap shots I had taken as well as picks and drum sticks. Sometimes when fans would meet

with me at the shows they would give me things in return which is how I acquired that old tape.

All I know is it was recorded at some shows during 1970 at least that was what was written on it. I am very curious also !!!

Natalie

Nat you are so freakin' lucky to have not only participated in history, but to have been part of the Stooges history. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited by ElRoi on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Natalie wrote:
JLTS,

Natalie

Sounds fantastic, and even more promising than I thought that it might be a recording we know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 pm

MC,

Don't get too excited, that tape could be rotted out . It was from Michigan so I am thinking it is Michigan shows but those kids traded tapes so who knows?

ElRoi,

Yes, I do know how lucky I am to have seen all the shows and to have been friends with all the Stooges, past and present.

The only thing I wish I could change is I would have recorded all the shows I attended and I would have used an S L R camera instead of my Kodak instamatic . But when you are in the moment and you are a teen, you don't always do everything you should. And we all know hindsight is 2020!

Natalie

Natalie
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:18 am

Natalie wrote:
MC,

Don't get too excited, that tape could be rotted out . It was from Michigan so I am thinking it is Michigan shows but those kids traded tapes so who knows?

Natalie

Natalie

That's OK Natalie I like to dream, hey maybe there's some 69 stuff on their, that would be a real find!

If the stuff in the 71 box came off an old music cassette which it looks like it did (there are photos of Danny's tapes in the package), then it's survived remarkably well. Only the Vanity Theatre recording sounds like it's mildly effected by some bleed though.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:38 am

Natalie wrote:
The only thing I wish I could change is I would have recorded all the shows I attended and I would have used an S L R camera instead of my Kodak instamatic .

Can you imagine how increbiible it would have been if you had had a portable 8 or even 4 track reel to reel recorder. Hell, even one of those 4 track cassette recorders; if they were even on the market at that time. The SLR photos would have been really nice too, but some quality live recordings from that time would be priceless.

So, have you started working on your definitive Stooges book? Or maybe that Stooges screenplay?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 am

WOW Nat, your super awesome ! Thanks for everything you do for us! Wink
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 am

Well, I did not really think about recording until 73 and by then Michael Tipton was doing it and I was sitting next to him just watching! LMAO

I am co-authoring the book with Per Nilsen "Caught in the Act- the Stooges live 1968 -1974".

We hope to publish by next summer or fall.

Last edited by Natalie on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
WOW Nat, your super awesome ! Thanks for everything you do for us! Wink

No doubt!!

The fan club project sounds really great. Easy action will be getting lots of my money in the next few months by the sounds of it!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 am

Natalie wrote:
I am co-authoring the book with Per Nilsen "Caught in the Act- the Stooges live 1968 -1974".

We hope to publish by next summer or fall.

Congrats! I can't wait to read it.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am

Sounds wonderful Natalie. You've been a godsend on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New News from Easy Action   New News from Easy Action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New News from Easy Action
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next