Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview with Natalie Schlossman

Go down 
+34
osterbergermeister
blackout88
darallen
ashitanoramen
davidh
msteeln
ElRoi
stooges
ChuckN
Iggy Stooge
damned
dan b
Blitzkid
Paul T
sheddy
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
lolakelly
dorianmode
Nitebob
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Natalie
napalm_cheetah
G, F#, E
adams66
scott
soldier
homesickjameswilliamson
JW82
TED
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
trailerborn
Monger
mc
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Just read this, wonderful interview, thanks!
So good to have you here Natalie!
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Natalie,

Wonderful to have you here - looking forward to more stories !
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Natalie,

Are you familiar with the myspace page?

If not, please join us, and I will add you to the top friends.

Thanks and take care,

-Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 am

I found a photo of Natalie and have added it to the end of the interview.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:46 am

Cool. Have her get in touch with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks for the time to put all this together.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm

HI Natalie,

Good to hear from you - I think you moved since we last spoke?

You and Michael were two of my favourite interviewees - I do have his new details, so please email me via the webstie, and I should be ableo to look a book out for you too,

I do remember Michael was trying to get in touch with you at some point too...

best,

Paul
Back to top Go down
Blitzkid

Blitzkid

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Great interview! Nice questions and great & detailed answers!
Thanks so much Natalie for joining up and taking the time to tell all those things.
I for one am seriously happy to see you remember all those things from back in the day (not the case with most people)
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 am

Blitzkid,

Hi. I do remember most of the things that went on. I think it is because I was one of the few people not looking through "stoned " colored glasses. I was no angel then but I was always focused on the goings on so I would have material for the fanzine.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Natalie, what we need now is another book from you.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Ted

I think all the books have been done already. LOL. I am trying to recover all the fanzines I wrote and will make them availlable as soon as possible. They were written in the moment so I think they are still relevent to Stooge fans now. I hope so. I think I am one of the few people who documented the early years as they happened. There were a few writers like Lester Bangs and Ben Edmunds who loved the band but most of the music world either ignored them or had negative things to say. That is why this forum really warms my heart.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Natalie wrote:
Hi Ted

I think all the books have been done already. LOL. I am trying to recover all the fanzines I wrote and will make them availlable as soon as possible. They were written in the moment so I think they are still relevent to Stooge fans now. I hope so. I think I am one of the few people who documented the early years as they happened. There were a few writers like Lester Bangs and Ben Edmunds who loved the band but most of the music world either ignored them or had negative things to say. That is why this forum really warms my heart.

Natalie

I will scan what I have of Popped for you this weekend.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Bob, you were a doll in the 70's and you are a doll now!!!!!!! Sorry to tarnish your badass rep. Next to Eric who I knew for years and always tried to keep it real, you were the voice of reason amidst the insanity that was Max's.

A great big thank you for then and for now.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi Natalie, that's what I meant, revive the fanzines.
And because they were written 'in the moment' makes them all the more exciting to read. Ted
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 am

Gotta just say, that as a Stooges fan for 20yrs+, this forum is just getting better and better. The internet may have many faults, and i do sort of miss the days when you had to search for info on your favourite obscure groups in fanzines and record fairs, the fact that so many people who were there 'back in the day' are now contributing stuff is fantastic. After too many years too mention, its a great time to be a stooges fan! I just wish Ron was still around to appreciate it all.
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 am

wow, the interview is amazing!!!
Natalie, have you seen a Stooges2000 gig?
if yes, what do you think about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Damned,
I have not seen any shows since the reformation. Last time I saw Iggy perform was 91 or 92. It was the tour where his son Eric was doing sound work. I remember looking at Eric and it was like looking at a 21 year old Iggy. It kind of freaked out.

I have the DVD "Live in Detroit" and I love the concert. However it seemed to me to be a tame version of the band. It was so wonderful to see and hear Ron albiet with mixed emotion. Ron and Scott's stage moves had not changed much. Never saw Mike so I can not speak to that. It was the Ig who was great but just a bit tamer than back in the day. This is not meant as a criticizm but merely an observation.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Iggy Stooge

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks to both of you enjoyed the interview!!
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 pm

That was an awesome interview. Really good reading. Made me wish I was born in the 60s.. Hope those Popped fanzines will be available again, Natalie. I would sure like to read them.

Thanks a lot Natalie and mc!
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi Natalie, how do you think is the wildest show with the Stooges (1968-74)? could you describe the concert a little THANKS
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:11 am

Stooges,

I just noticed that you asked a question. All Stooge shows were wild. I can not pick just one show.

I can tell you that one of the most memorable shows I ever attended was the show at Max's Kansas City when Iggy fell on the broken glass. He had blood running down his chest, lots of blood. He continued on with the show with the blood dripping down his chest and on the stage. After the song, the show was stopped and the band went off the stage. They came back and finished the show. After the show was over, Iggy went to the hospital and needed stiches. The following two shows were postponed until Iggy healed.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:57 pm

That's the story they should interview you about and use for the RRHF. It demonstrates not only the bands unforgettable performances, but also their intense dedication to the fans.
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:10 am

Natalie, could you please go into the background concerning the Metallic KO LPs being, mainly concerning James' involvement? I know you're not happy with him, and I've forgotten much of what I once knew of the matter, but considering how the album is hugely responsible for greater interest in the band after they were kaput & largely forgotten, helped ignight British punk, and may be part of the impetus towards them eventually getting them into the HoF, maybe it's overall best that someone got it in the public's hands way back in '76. Do you think it would have come out before 1980 minus James' involvement? "it's the comedy album of the year!", Killer Kane '76. That's actually what made me grab it!
Back to top Go down
davidh

davidh

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Natalie, thank you so much for sharing your insights. As a reader of everything I could find on the Stooges over the past twenty years or so, I've learned things here that I never imagined.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 am

Msteeln,

Sorry, I just saw your post now.

To be honest, MKO happened a long, long time ago. Michael Tipton, the man who recorded it , and a dear friend, knows exactly what happened. It's his story to tell, and I think it only fair to let him do the honors. I don't like to diminish anybody else's thunder. Maybe he'll tell it here someday.

davidh, I am glad you enjoyed the interview.

Welcome to this great forum, both of you.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Natalie Schlossman
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next