Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Live Versions of Lust for Life

Go down 
+13
Pop Stüge
Stranger09
raffoferraro
adams66
MJG196
berlinberlin
krugersoldier
Iguanas
mindless
Shakes
G, F#, E
cb
PineappleExpress
17 posters
AuthorMessage
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Empty
PostSubject: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:11 am

What do you think the best live performances of Lust for Life are?

I liked SanFran 1981, Paris 1991, and the version he did on the The White Room.

Last edited by PineappleExpress on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date error)
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 am

I can't pick, but it's on the new Guitar Hero 5 due out Sept 1. Don't know what version but it's a live one.

cb sunny
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:36 pm

as far as I've seen the song on video.. I could make my list:

absolute no. 1 Manchester 1977

man i LOVE the bass and keyboards on that version
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:41 pm

yeah me too pineapple!!
I totally ADORE that bass!!
vet
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm

The way Iggy gets up in the 77 is unbelievably awesome. I wish there was more footage other than this and "The Passenger" from the Manchester gig. Iggy sporting one of his best looks scaring the shit out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:06 pm

there was a version from 2001(?) i had on a vcd bootleg from a webcast stream. definitely one of my favorite versions. even 'the passenger' was awesome.
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 am

My favorite live version ever was when he played the Continental where he debuted the new band, early 90s can't recall year? But anyway, the fire marshalls came after the 7th song, and told him get off. It was crazy packed, there were people standing on the bar! He told the band to play Lust For Life, so they yanked the plug on the PA. Iggy just stood there grinning & conducting a roomful of freaks singing it to him:) Lucky I was still able to hear him a bit as I was right in front row. Great night.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am

For me the best versions were on THE LUST FOR LIFE TOUR 1977 and TV EYE TOUR 1978 with Sonic's Rendezvous Band.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:16 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
The way Iggy gets up in the 77 is unbelievably awesome. I wish there was more footage other than this and "The Passenger" from the Manchester gig. Iggy sporting one of his best looks scaring the shit out of everyone.

yeah thats what it always sounded like in 77. great bass, and
Scott on the keyboards
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 am

The version with SRB from the Music Machine 1978 is amazing, they play it so fast but it still grooves. SMITH/ASHETON/RASSMUSSEN the absolute killer band !!
Back to top Go down
berlinberlin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

For me the best version is on the '77 tour - love the show at Kant-Kino in Berlin!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:54 pm

The Hunt and Tony Sales-era band outplays EVERYONE on this song.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:20 pm

I agree that the Sales brothers really knew how to play "Lust For Life" in concert, but I have to say that nothing beats the studio version. Virtually every live performance is played way faster than the original and it's the surprisingly laid back tempo of the studio version that I really like.
Although "Lust For Life" always seems like a real get up and go type song, the original is taken at a rather relaxed speed and the intro, as the various instruments join in gradually over the first minute (before Iggy even starts singing) is marvellously paced and constructed. The skill of the original is often lost in concert as a sledghammer rhythm all too often tramples over the feel of the song.

Having said all that though - it's still a thrill to hear "Lust For Life" in concert.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 am

adams66 wrote:
I agree that the Sales brothers really knew how to play "Lust For Life" in concert, but I have to say that nothing beats the studio version. Virtually every live performance is played way faster than the original and it's the surprisingly laid back tempo of the studio version that I really like.
Although "Lust For Life" always seems like a real get up and go type song, the original is taken at a rather relaxed speed and the intro, as the various instruments join in gradually over the first minute (before Iggy even starts singing) is marvellously paced and constructed. The skill of the original is often lost in concert as a sledghammer rhythm all too often tramples over the feel of the song.

Having said all that though - it's still a thrill to hear "Lust For Life" in concert.

Cheers,

Richard

Yeah, I think the original is very good, but for me it got a bit old. Lust for Life Berlin 18 sept. 1977 is one of my favourite live versions because it keeps the slow tempo like in the studio recording. But in my opinion, playing the song fast, like in San Fran 1981 gives the song a really cool party feel which I think is needed in a good concert.
Back to top Go down
raffoferraro

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

31/12/1997 Australia.
At the beginning you can hear a girl shouting at the mic "f...k everybody!"
After a minute Iggy shouted: now we're gonna play faster :-)
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I like the version from New York The Ritz 1986, good keyboard sound on that, it rocks along nicely Smile

Good punky version at Bookies Detroit 26.9.80 too.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:55 am

Any of the ones with Larry Mullins on drums. Iggy said that Larry did the drum part better than anyone! Cool
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 am

My favorite and in my opinion, probably one of the best, Lust for Life from San Diego 11/16/1977
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:19 am

Just got the full version of this video which is much longer, I will upload it for you guys soon!!

Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey that's awesome! Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:41 pm

stooge's version !!

Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 am

LOL @ the bouncers on 1:40 Live 1977 Manchester making those kids sit down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Versions of Lust for Life   Best Live Versions of Lust for Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Live Versions of Lust for Life
Page 1 of 1