Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!

Go down 
+22
people
damned
don_vercetti
zverb
Nadja
iggy-fan
adams66
G, F#, E
neven
TED
happy to be here
comaman
dan b
Lucas
birchy
LuckyMonkey
mc
elvis plebsley
Donald
homesickjameswilliamson
lolakelly
EmmaUK
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:19 pm

We got our tickets for may 2nd!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Quote :

Gigantic must have only had upstairs tickets.

i bought mine from Gigantic, i rushed through it just to get a ticket, but my receipt says ''stalls standing" - does this mean im upstairs or downstairs, i dont know the layout of the venue
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Got my Sunday night standing ticket. Marvellous...
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Me too. Gonna be there on sunday. Cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
happy to be here

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Woah, had to sign up to the board (after months of reading) from the pure excitement of buying the tickets this morning. Both nights sorted, and a bank holiday on the Monday to boot I later find out, winner!

Cool to see everyone excited about the gigs! Went to the Funhouse gig at the same venue, and it was probably the best of a handful of times I was lucky enough to see them, but they were never less than 10/10 incredible! That night (11/10 for sure) they played all of Funhouse, followed by an encore of all the first record (barring a couple of unplayable ones, like We Will Fall!), follwed by their Skull Ring tunes.. so fingers crossed for an encore of the Kill City/others....

And only eight months to wait! Phew. Wild times!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Block 8 row B circle for me, anyone close by?

Block 9 (front, dead centre in the Circle) was totally sold out at 10 on the dot, do you think reserved for press, friends, etc?
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:17 pm

I also went to the Funhouse show there. Apart from the gig itself, the most amazing thing was that when i got there (early, but not really early) there was a gap on the front row in front of the stage wide enougth for one person. I remember thinking no way can that gap be free (someone MUST be holding it for a friend), but it was! My first gig on the front row for years, right in front of Ron too! Plus, by divine intervention i somehow held my position through the whole night (including rubbish support band) without needing to go off for a piss and risking losing my place! And believe me, that is rare these days. Must be the power of the stooges i guess...
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:38 pm

mc, we have to meet up before the shows.
Got both nights in the stalls ....... WooHoo.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm

got my tickets from seetickets,just says ''standing''now am i up or downstairs?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm going, yay! cheers I'm hoping for entirely "Iggy & The Stooges" stuff but we'll see Smile Fingers crossed for "Johanna" and "Open Up & Bleed" What a hectic birthday this has been haha
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeh, Johanna and Open Up & Bleed, and maybe She Creatures for Ron?

happy birthday G, you've got great gifts too - the tickets for next year and 1971 was shipped today!

what day are you going on?
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Godd, i went to sleep for about an hour after i bought the tickets, woke up to find my room flooded, something to do with an overflowing pipe next door. right joke, spent all day cleaning it all up

but

I'M OFF TO SEE THE STOOGES!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:50 pm

wow are you serious? that sucks, but yeh STOOGES! (and SUICIDE!!)
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:57 pm

HJW that's a great idea for a tribute, I never even crossed my mind but "She Creatures Of Hollywood Hills" would be perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
wow are you serious? that sucks, but yeh STOOGES! (and SUICIDE!!)

Yeahh, i was not in the mood for that today lol nothing got damaged really just boxes n suitcase are damp. Student Halls eh? haha

It's fixed now though hopefully!

STOOOOGESSS! I've got stooges posters in my room at uni Smile
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:59 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
HJW that's a great idea for a tribute, I never even crossed my mind but "She Creatures Of Hollywood Hills" would be perfect Smile

She Creatures is such a great showcase for Ron's bass, it's doubley great live, hope they do it.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Quote :
She Creatures is such a great showcase for Ron's bass, it's doubley great live, hope they do it.

i was wonder if/ow Mike Watt will play Rons stuff, cause Ron didnt play bass like a bassist, well he did but i've always thought it was like both a bass and rhythm guitar, it was a strange, brilliant sound, lots of power

but i was wondering, i've only briefly listened to the minutemen so i dont know what mike watts bass playing was like before hand, but i've always thought his playing with the stooges was very like Dave's, well it was his take on dave's playing if that makes sense - no one can play like a dave, which is to say, no one can play like a stooge! - but i was wondering is Mike going to change his playing to a more powerful, rhythmic playing like Ron in 73/74 band?
Back to top Go down
happy to be here

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Ah, Minutemen are great, but Watt's style there is totally different from his Stooges playing. Slappy, fast, all over the place... actually worried me a little when first went to see the Stooges, but needn't have, he plays it straight, and he'll be able to play Raw Power/Ron era bass work no problem! Plus, the Stooges already played I Got A Right and Search And Destroy at the Get Loaded fest last year, Watt did a great job. Watt's a class act, really glad he's still involved!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Quote :
Plus, the Stooges already played I Got A Right and Search And Destroy at the Get Loaded fest last year, Watt did a great job

oh yeh, forgot about that, he did do a good job, was just wonder, like you said his playing is different in each band, and i was wondering how he'd play Ron-Bass

Quote :
Watt's a class act, really glad he's still involved!

wholeheartedly agree with this statement, didnt know who he was when they chose him but im glad they did - a true stooge
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Are they doing Stalls seating for the gig (see Apollo Seating plan) or are they removing the seats so it's just standing downstairs?
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Good question , when I bought my tickets they didn't offer any seating plans.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm going on Sunday I reackon the seats will be removed, if not Iggy will be annoyed Laughing
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm pretty sure they'll remove the seats downstairs there, they do for gigs there

I'm going to see The Specials at Hammersmith in November so i'll report back on what gigs are like there Smile
Back to top Go down
LuckyMonkey

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:19 pm

I was there for the Pistols last year.
Good venue.
As I recall the floor downstairs - at the back - has a slight slope.
Not a seat in sight downstairs.

You can go wild at the front...........
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Typical - I go away for a couple of days and that's when the bloody tickets go on sale!!
Anyway, I've now got a ticket for the Monday night. Yes!
We really should work out who is going on what night and try to meet up. It would be great to actually see you all.
Looking forward to 3rd May already.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!   TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TICKETS ONSALE TOMORROW FOR HAMMERSMITH GIGS!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next