Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Move Ass Baby

Go down 
+2
adams66
NickZah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 am

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/lemon/artists/iggypop.php#cdlem154

Released 15/02/10. Though lacking the teenage venom of cuts such as 1969 and I Wanna Be Your Dog from The Stooges and the unadulterated raw power of, well, Raw Power, Move Ass Baby is still essential for die-hard fans. The album, culled from rehearsals in Detroit, for the band's 1973 tour, runs the gamut from full-fledged, ready-to record tunes to the types of swampy jams that the band has claimed indicative of their studio songwriting process.

This album explores the creative process that gave birth to nearly all the Stooges albums. Starting with a jam session, an oldie or two, or maybe a blues riff, the songs gradually took shape and were refined from there. Here we find the Stooges in rehearsal, messing around with songs by Bo Diddley, Bob Dylan, Cream, and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.

We hear the beginnings of songs that never went any further, such as Old King Live Forever , I Come From Nowhere or Wild Love , which had as much potential as any of their best material. And we have some very impromptu jams such as Move Ass Baby and a fascinating James Williamson solo performance. Much of this material has never been heard before.

I Got A Right / Gimme Some Skin / I'm Sick Of You / Tight Pants / Scene Of The Crime / Wild Love / I Come From Nowhere / I'm So Glad / Delta Blues Shuffle / Old King Live Forever / Look So Sweet / I'm A Man / Mellow Down Easy / Move Ass Baby
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks for the info NickZah.

But I had to laugh at the claim that "Much of this material has never been heard before"!!

Unless these are genuinely unreleased versions, which is Most Unlikely - then every track has been issued before, some many times over on all sorts of semi official albums over the years. Some aren't even by the Stooges; merely Iggy and a drum machine with an unidentified guitarist.

Sounds like this is yet another re-re-release that can be avoided.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 am

Yes you are right. This next collection of well-known songs from bomp records. But album More Power was remastered or restoration. May be differences in the sound.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Is anyone going to buy it to find out?
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Nick Zah do you have some opinions about More Power? Im still considering buying this release. Do the additional overdubs make it sound good? Anyone know if James Williamson was really involved in the overdub sessions as was mentioned somewhere?

Also i asked this before but does anyone have info about a recent Iggy release called "Live Delta" what is this? see link

http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/default.cfm
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:45 am

Move Ass Baby Lgwiz02715+fluffy-kittens-cute-baby-cats-poster

Every time someone buys one of these fuckawful recycled rip-off compilations, one of the kittens gets it.
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:10 am

Most of these songs and more can be found on Wild Love: The Detroit Rehearsals but the majority sound like old blues covers, but even the few songs that seem to be originals like Hey Baby, Born in a Trailer(I Come From Nowhere) and Til the End of the Night all sound very derivitive and lack anything resembling the clever and innovative rock of the Stooges...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Move Ass Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Ass Baby   Move Ass Baby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move Ass Baby
Page 1 of 1