Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???

Go down 
+4
Hectorlovesthestooges
Radiobirdman73
G, F#, E
rabid_fish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Empty
PostSubject: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 am

a long time ago i asked for the fun house sessions set up... now i'd like to know what instruments, effects and amps they used in the self titlled album and in the raw power sessions...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 am

Asheton used a gibson flying v and fender stratocaster (for Ann and We Will Fall) with a vox wah and a marshall stack for the debut. Williamson used a gibson les paul and a vox amp on Raw Power.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:05 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Asheton used a gibson flying v and fender stratocaster (for Ann and We Will Fall) with a vox wah and a marshall stack for the debut. Williamson used a gibson les paul and a vox amp on Raw Power.

James is often pictured with a Gibson SG - not sure if this was actually used on the album or only for live performances.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:40 am

Ron used a Vox Tone Bender Pedal too.

Last edited by Hectorlovesthestooges on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

G, F#, E wrote:

Pretty sure Williamson used a Vox AC30 amp.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Flying V and Stratocaster through a pre-PCB Marshall on the debut. Don't know if Dave used the Mosrite or not, I think he had it by then. Natalie?

Les Paul through a Vox Top Boost AC30 and a Marshall, presumably also a pre-PCB model, on Raw Power. I'm pretty sure James has said he used a Stratocaster on it as well. Ron seems to have favoured Fender when he was in London, in the Mick Rock photo's doesn't he have a Fender Jazz that's had the neck swapped for one off a Fender Precision? (or is it the other way around?, don't have the photo's to hand so I can't check).

The pedal James has on stage at Kings Cross looks a lot like a Sola Sound Tone Bender MK II, but I've never seen a clear enough shot to say for sure.

RE gear, anyone know if the Ovation Breadwinner that was the Stooges spare guitar later on is the same one that turned up when Iggy was on The Old Grey Whistle Test in '79? Could have been Scott Thurston's, maybe, anyone seen him with one post Iggy's band?

Radiobirdman73 Re James with an SG, I can't remember ever seeing a photo of him with one, but I'd love to if you have one to hand Very Happy (Or is there one in the RM book?, sold it, so i can't check)
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm

If memory serves me, Dave had the blue Mosrite those first 5 times I saw the Stooges live in 1969.

The earliest photos I have of Dave with the Mosrite, posed and on stage, were taken in Feb of 1970. That's the best and only verifiable information I have.

My best guess is that yes, he used the Mosrite on that first LP but I can 't be positive.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Okay, James had an SG circa '71, cheers for the heads up Maciej!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Whatever the gear was, it had to be better than what I had at the time.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

In this Watt from Pedro interview James mentions his guitars and having an SG.

http://twfps.com/pages/show.php?sid=212

I think theres a pic in the EA box of James with an SG so that would indeed put it around '71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???   stooges 1st album and raw power  instrumental set??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stooges 1st album and raw power instrumental set???
Page 1 of 1