Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Original UK Raw Power CD??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ziggy79

ziggy79

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Original UK Raw Power CD?? Empty
PostSubject: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Does anyone know what the original UK Raw Power CD release was & catalogue number prior to the 97 Iggy mix which is still available?
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 pm

On Columbia cat. no. 476610 2

Is the one i have.

Nigel.
Back to top Go down
ziggy79

ziggy79

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:31 pm

dtklamf wrote:
On Columbia cat. no. 476610 2

Is the one i have.

Nigel.

Thanks, im looking out for a second hand copy of it, must be rare as have never seen it on ebay ever.
Back to top Go down
johnthelawman

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 am

As far as I know, previous to Iggy's remix, there were 3 Raw Power CD masterings:

CBS CDCBS 32083 Austria (has burp, proper fade-outs and possibly best sound for Bowie mix on CD, maybe only beat by legacy remaster. I'm undecided at this point)

Castle ESSCD005 UK (has burp and proper fades, but not as good sound as above)

Columbia CK 32111 USA (no burp, early fades and doesn't sound as good as the above two)

The Columbia 476610 2 mentioned above by ziggy79 is Columbia's Austrian issue. Same as the Austrian CBS except for cat #. It even has the CBS matrix# on the CD, so no doubt the same mastering.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:29 am

the Castle one was the first UK release, the US one was heavily imported into the uk before that.
Back to top Go down
scoh

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 am

You can get the original European Columbia CD "made in Austria" (which became the standard UK CD after Castle's rights ran out) on Amazon.co.uk. I bought one a few weeks ago. You have to search under "Iggy Pop Raw Power", not Iggy Stooges or The Stooges. It's listed (wrongly) as being from 1994.

I originally bought one from a CD shop in 1991, got rid of it (shame on me!) when the Iggy Pop remix came out a few years later. That was back in the days when I still believed "remastered" was the same word as "better".

PS: Always double check the catalogue number with the Amazon seller first, just to be sure which version they're actually selling. I've had a couple this year have sent me the wrong thing after listing it under an incorrect description.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original UK Raw Power CD??   Original UK Raw Power CD?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original UK Raw Power CD??
Page 1 of 1