Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK

Go down 
+9
freemind
mghifi
james matlock
adams66
stooges
jpstooges
soldier
mc
gazatthebop
13 posters
AuthorMessage
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Empty
PostSubject: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Credited to Mainmain there are a dozen or more new Stooges compilations available to download as mp3 on Amazon UK and US ...titles include "Little Stranger" "Waking the Iguana" "She Creatures" "Liquid Power" "Punk Power" "Georgia Power" "Somebody"...the list goes on!

and whilst on the subject of mp3 7digital (USA) have the Easy Action boxsets available for $7.99 and $6.99 they are also each under £8 on the UK site
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 pm

I can't find these, can you post a link?
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Last edited by soldier on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

"Legit Bootleg"? I doubt it. One of the biggest ripoff.

"Liquid Power" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U28DDQ/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1280150075&sr=8-8 ) looks like Heavy Liquid Easy Action box set.

"Waking The Iguana" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waking-The-Iguana-Explicit/dp/B003UBEHT6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1280150588&sr=1-1-fkmr0 )

"Somebody" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U2F5UA/ref=sr_1_album_13_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B003U2BUP4&qid=1280150729&sr=1-13 )

"Little Stranger" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UBND9G/ref=sr_1_album_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B003UBKLWI&qid=1280150884&sr=1-1 )

"She Creatures" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U9DH26/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1280150973&sr=1-3-spell ) = Bomp' California Bleeding, I think.

"Geogia Power" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U2DDEK/ref=sr_1_album_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B003U2F9A6&qid=1280151088&sr=1-1 ) = Georgia Peaches.

"Punk Power" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U2D9FS/ref=sr_1_album_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B003U2F5DM&qid=1280150210&sr=1-1 ) is crap too, but Gimme Danger, Penetration, Raw Power and I Need Somebody ("taken from original stooges mix of Raw Power") sound somewhat different to what we've heard so far (poor sound quality).

Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:47 pm

hey what's the difference between liquid power and heavy liquid box set?

Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:12 pm

So these apparently 'new' titles duplicate the same songs over and over again, and in some cases they are direct copies of other albums!
I wonder - has Carlton sanctioned the Liquid Power copy of his Heavy Liquid set?
Has Sony really allowed this copy of the Georgia Peaches disc from the recent Raw Power Legacy edition??
'Legit bootlegs' eh? Seems pretty unlikely that the Stooges will receive a penny from these rip offs.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 pm

if not complete boots, the lable is listed as mainman 2010, could this be the result of some stooges/mainman litigation? Didnt we hear something around the time of the raw power reissue of the guy from mainman saying he had sole right to the material?
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Tony DeFries is going hogwild, bootlegging every Stooges disc he can get his hands on.
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Always the same things again and again...

Hopefully in september we could finally hear some new stuff from them + kill city !

Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks for the links, I won't be buying any of these of course. The same label have also put out live Mott the Hoople and John Mellencamp mp3 albums.

If Tony Defries has reared his head after all these years maybe we'll get to hear some properly unreleased stuff from 72 - RG Jones / Scala live? or maybe he's about to finish his book.

On the covers there's a couple of Scala 72 photos I haven't seen before, are they all in Mick Rock's book?

Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:43 pm

mc wrote:

If Tony Defries has reared his head after all these years maybe we'll get to hear some properly unreleased stuff from 72 - RG Jones / Scala live?

You mean there is a chance to hear someday the live from Scala ? If I'm optimistic I would say defries at the time thank that it could be possible to sold the stooges so a live was recorded for a hypotheticall released. Or maybe Mick Rock recorder the show on a tape.

Anyway it would be great to hear the live who scared the England.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:21 am

I'd say only a 5% chance that Defries has anything unheard, but I would like to hear from him definitively.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am

mc wrote:
On the covers there's a couple of Scala 72 photos I haven't seen before, are they all in Mick Rock's book?

The Scala ones are all in Mick Rock's book apart from the cover of "Little Stranger", I've never seen it.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Stranger still - look here:

http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges/music/albums/

Several of these Defries ripoffs appear to be available to listen to through the Stooges' official Myspace page. At the moment I'm listening to one called Forgotten Boy, which appears to be a bizzare coupling of CD1 of 'Head On' (useless 1997 compilation on the world-famous Dead Quick Music label) and some 'Live In LA' set that I can't identify:

Raw Power
Head On
Gimme Danger
Search and Destroy
I Need Somebody
New Orleans
Open Up and Bleed
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:06 pm

All of these are now on Spotify. Which is great for those of us who want to listen to obscure Stooges recordings without paying for them. Not so great for those of us who want labels like Easy Action, Sony, Rhino and Bomp to put out more archive material, as they're presumably not going to bother now that they know the minute they do it, Tony Defries will rip it off and put it out himself. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm

The same recordings over and over again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK   A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A DOZEN NEW STOOGES MP3 ALBUMS ON AMAZON UK
Page 1 of 1