Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Empty
PostSubject: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog L93508zhy8t

If you have this release on CD, could you send me a PM?
Back to top Go down
cantona7

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 pm

I dont think this ever was on CD. The picture you posted is I think the 12 inch single released by skydog in 1978 . The tracks (Gimme Danger, Heavy Liquid and Ive Got Nothing) all from the 9/2/74 michigan palace show gradually made it onto other releases over the years.

In 1988 Skydog released metallic 2KO (lp and CD) which included Ive got nothing and around the same time Revenge released a 12 inch single called gimme danger with all three tracks plus open up and bleed from the 6/10/73 michigan show which was also just released on the new metallic 2KO.

In 1991 the revenge release was included in a 5 ep box set called the stooges and in the 6 CD boxset night of destruction and finally I think in 1998 all the tracks made it onto the Jungle 2CD metallic KO release.

The sound is pretty much the same across all the releases.

Back to top Go down
LuckyMonkey

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Correction.
I have this on CD. Released in 1995 according to the FNAC price sticker.
Skydog. Catalogue number 622332 CD.
Card sleeve. Same picture as above. Same tracks as 12".
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:56 pm

62233-2 CD was released in 1989 (I bought it then, I remember it because it was the first CD I ever bought) or maybe earlier. It was also re-released recently but it's now out of print, see http://www.amazon.com/I-Got-Nothing-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B00004V2GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280749988&sr=8-2

'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog 82151__I_Got_Nothing_FBL
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 am

cantona7 wrote:
I dont think this ever was on CD. The picture you posted is I think the 12 inch single released by skydog in 1978 . The tracks (Gimme Danger, Heavy Liquid and Ive Got Nothing) all from the 9/2/74 michigan palace show gradually made it onto other releases over the years.

In 1988 Skydog released metallic 2KO (lp and CD) which included Ive got nothing and around the same time Revenge released a 12 inch single called gimme danger with all three tracks plus open up and bleed from the 6/10/73 michigan show which was also just released on the new metallic 2KO.

In 1991 the revenge release was included in a 5 ep box set called the stooges and in the 6 CD boxset night of destruction and finally I think in 1998 all the tracks made it onto the Jungle 2CD metallic KO release.

The sound is pretty much the same across all the releases.

The 5xEP box from Revenge was not released in 1991, as it was reviewed in early 89 Spiral Scratch issue. Anyway, "Open Up & Bleed" (from "Gimme Danger" Revenge 12") is the same version as Metallic 2xKO, but with really different sound quality. Not perfect (maybe a bit harsh), but better than Skydog 1988 CD/LP (which is supposed to be the best source, as discussed elsewhere on the forum).
You can hear 1 minute sample here (30 s of Skydog 1988 CD, then 30 s of Gimme Danger Revenge EP):
http://rapidshare.com/files/411638787/Open_Up_And_Bleed_Revenge_EP_-_Skydog_2xKO_CD.flac.html
'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog 95066_Gimme_Danger_FBL

Also, (I Got) Nothing 12" was reissued in 1988 with yellow label (original 1978 pressing has purple label).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog   'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'I Got Nothing' CDEP on Skydog
Page 1 of 1