Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set Empty
PostSubject: IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set   IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey,
I just got round to picking this DVD/CD set up and was wondering what your thoughts are on it?
I thought it made a nice change to have a release like this from Skydog, a change from the usual live sets and Raw Power outtakes we've all been drenched with for several years.
If anyone doesn't have it I'd recommend you pick one up. It's great.
The DVD contains two sets. The first a 9 song acoustic set from the Spanish "Sputnik" TV show in 1993, the second an in store appearance from Paris Virgin Megastore in 1990 - Just Iggy and an electric guitar shot on one camera...
There's a second (CD) disc of acoustic material...which I'm listening to as I write this so can't give much of a review to yet Wink

Anyone have any thoughts on this set then?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OceansofBliss

PostSubject: Re: IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set   IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:03 pm

I gave it a good listen..in a store..for about a hour (oldfashioned way) and than decided not to get it scratch

it sounded than...as tooo much of the same sound
as if the whole was smashed too easily together
maybe i have to give it another try
the magic of Iggy on accoustic is something i don't wanna miss out..

hmm...the DVD are old video takes...what's the quality of the takes?
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set   IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 pm

The Spanish acoustic set is excellent TV quality, the Megastore clip is cool footage - but only 1 camera was used to film, nice curiosity though. Like I said - I think the main reason I enjoyed it was that it is so different from the other releases (not that they're bad Razz )
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OceansofBliss
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set   IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGGY POP - ACOUSTICS KO - SKYDOG set
Page 1 of 1