Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?

Go down 
+19
Rode Hard
napalm_cheetah
heavy liquid
boogie
Nadja
c-deep
ashitanoramen
Mr. FunBoy
saichan
Petrie Terrace
stooges
jpstooges
comaman
Perdu
Hectorlovesthestooges
adams66
studioguy
freemind
G, F#, E
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:47 am

Can I post this on the "I Hate The Stooges, Worst Band Ever" Facebook group page?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:08 am

They should make that the tour t-shirt, it's way better than the ones they have now!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 am

Hilarious!! I just can't decide who of them scares me most Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 am

aw haha that's fucked up lol
but it's funny!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 am

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 910986 thanks jpstooges,very funny!!!
Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 am

Great! Ron & Iggy... LOL
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 am

Hilarious, jpstooges!!
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 am

Bring back sailor Jimmy Recchia!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

jpstooges wrote:
James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 80791_ymca

jpstooges wrote:

As requested:

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 74030_ymca_v2

Those are great JP! Very Happy

Williamson and Iggy look the best!

studioguy wrote:
Can I post this on the "I Hate The Stooges, Worst Band Ever" Facebook group page?

Yes! Do it!
Very Happy

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:00 pm

[quote="studioguy"]Can I post this on the "I Hate The Stooges, Worst Band Ever" Facebook group page?[/quote]

didn't know such a page existed!

Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=177454386410&ref=search

Mad

“I went shopping for some tapes at the local thrift store. Some dopey looking teenager was working there and asked if I was looking for anything. I said “Yeah, do you have any cool punk tapes? Like a Good Charlotte bootleg?” and he just laughed. He said “Girl, this is real punk!” and handed me some tape with a tranny on the cover called “Raw Power”. It was only 25 cents so I bought it. And YUCK! This album is pretty much as run-of-the mill as you can get. Nothing special about this album at all. Real punk is Green Day's “American Idiot”, not this untalented crap made by ProTools. Don't listen to it, EVER.” – Kelsey

WTF?????
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:15 pm

hahaha that's the best pic i've seen in a while Very Happy

stooges wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=177454386410&ref=search

Mad

“I went shopping for some tapes at the local thrift store. Some dopey looking teenager was working there and asked if I was looking for anything. I said “Yeah, do you have any cool punk tapes? Like a Good Charlotte bootleg?” and he just laughed. He said “Girl, this is real punk!” and handed me some tape with a tranny on the cover called “Raw Power”. It was only 25 cents so I bought it. And YUCK! This album is pretty much as run-of-the mill as you can get. Nothing special about this album at all. Real punk is Green Day's “American Idiot”, not this untalented crap made by ProTools. Don't listen to it, EVER.” – Kelsey

WTF?????
pssst! look at the moderators
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:23 pm

thanks for the link stooges. I clearly wasn't up to speed with what's going on on the internet these days!
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:55 pm

That's even greater, now we have a whole Stooges family! Great work, JP! :-)

I just couldn't resist messing a bit with it, hope you don't mind. It now looks like a tacky disco album cover from 1978... Razz

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Stooges_VP_spoof
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Great improvement, Comaman. You used the "right" 1978 colours. Now we can sell this to Cleopatra Records as the perfect artwork for their next ripoff release.
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:46 pm

jpstooges wrote:
Great improvement, Comaman. You used the "right" 1978 colours. Now we can sell this to Cleopatra Records as the perfect artwork for their next ripoff release.

He he, yeah, that'd be something! I'd definitely buy it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm

It'd be a great cover for Chic-style disco versions of Search And Destroy and Penetration (with added strings of course)... With access to the original tracks it'd actually be doable.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:02 pm

"Chic-style disco versions of Search And Destroy and Penetration (with added strings of course)... "

Where do I sign?

Ron, Scott, Nile and Bernard is the greatest band that never happened (well, along with the Stooges/Family Stone/Bootsy Collins Big Band, I guess).

No, I'm not joking.

Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Except that he was right, Mike does look better without a mustache. James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 348454
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Village Stooges. Beautiful JP!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:39 am

Someone must have sent the picture to James, he posted it to his FB page with this comment.

"Ok, this is the last straw....Mike Watt our bass player writes a blog/diary of all his random thoughts and experiences as filtered through his unusual consciousness....well he's gone too far now...he made the comment that I had tried to force him to wear a "wife beater" t-shirt....and additionally had forced him to shave off his moust...ace....I just want to set the record straight that I never told him anything of the sort...He was wearing a flannel shirt in 100+ degree heat in St. Petersburg and I simply suggested that he'd be more comfortable in something like a t-shirt and one of the other guys suggested a wife beater.....anyway, not they are running with the "James is trying to turn the Stooges into the Village People theme....this photo is the latest....revenge will be sweet."
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 am

At this very second, upon posting this "improved" art, I'm sure you're causing the wheels to turn inside the head of one Mainman CEO...

comaman wrote:
That's even greater, now we have a whole Stooges family! Great work, JP! :-)

I just couldn't resist messing a bit with it, hope you don't mind. It now looks like a tacky disco album cover from 1978... Razz

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Stooges_VP_spoof
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:00 am

thats what we should call fans of the stooges, instead of stoogephiles or something, call us stooges people, its like a giant inside joke

We Are Stooges People!

HJW
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:29 am

Tomorrow there'll be lots of bootlegs with that picture in the cover... Laughing
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm

LOL. Very Funny guys - nice bit of photoshoppin'

glad to hear James is taking it in good humour. I was kinda annoyed to hear his comment to Watt. 2 sides to every story i guess.

Tho reading Watt's Diary it does seem obvious that there are 2 camps within the touring band. Watt, Rock & Steve in 1, Ig & James in the other.
I'm NOT saying thats a bad thing or anything, its probably just a natural 'band thing' that happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?   James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James wants to turn The Stooges into the Village People?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next