Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween

Go down 
+3
Colin Chaos
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Rode Hard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:09 pm

The Songs of Halloween

08/20/07

(antiMusic)

The tracklisting for Rob Zombie's remake of the horror classic Halloween has been released. The disc is a classic rock fan's wet dream with tracks from Blue Oyster Cult, Nazareth, Rush, Peter Frampton, BTO, KISS, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, The Misfits and more.

Here is part of the "official" announcement: Halloween rocks as writer/director Rob Zombie unleashes his terrifying remake of the classic film Halloween. Halloween: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Hip-O/UMe), released August 21, 2007, precedes the premiere of the film on more than 2,000 screens on August 31.

Halloween is a trick-or-treat goodie bag of audio clips from the film and ‘70s arena rock that turns sinister when heard in the film. From Nazareth’s “Love Hurts” (Top 10, 1976) and Peter Frampton’s “Baby I Love Your Way” (Top 20, 1975) to Iggy Pop’s live version of “1969” (1969), Alice Cooper’s “Only Women Bleed” (Top 20, 1975), Rush’s “Tom Sawyer” (1981) and Blue Oyster Cult’s “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” (Top 20, 1976), Zombie mixes the expected with the surprising, just as he does with the film itself. Also included is composer Tyler Bates’ (Dawn Of The Dead, The Devil’s Rejects, Slither, 300) remake of John Carpenter’s iconic “Halloween” now titled “Halloween 2007.”

Tracklisting:
01. Dialogue ("These Are The Eyes")
02. Halloween Theme 2007- Tyler Bates
03. Dialogue ("Is The Boogieman Real?")
04. Don't Fear The Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
05. Dialogue ("Are You Saying Michael Did This?")
06. Love Hurts- Nazareth
07. Dialogue ("I Hope She Likes Cripples")
08. Baby, I Love Your Way- Peter Frampton
09. Dialogue ("A Taco Deluxe Supreme")
10. Tom Sawyer- Rush
11. Dialogue ("Driven By Pure Animal Instinct")
12. Let It Ride- Bachman-Turner Overdrive
13. Dialogue ("Trick Or Treat, Baby")
14. God Of Thunder- KISS
15. Dialogue ("Satan's Mother")
16. 1969- Iggy Pop
17. Dialogue ("Talking About The Anti-Christ")
18. Only Women Bleed- Alice Cooper
19. Dialogue ("Needs To Get Laid")
20. Halloween II- The Misfits
21. Dialogue ("Was That The Boogieman?")
22. The Shape Stalks Laurie - Tyler Bates
23. Dialogue ("The Scream")
24. Mr Sandman- Nan Vernon

* The clean version lacks the dialog tracks.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm

Very cool witch live version is it ?
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:52 pm

Oh hun, I don't know which version. Maybe that information is on the website for the movie. I'll try to find out.

Those Rob Zombie movies are so gruesome. You squirm in your chair and peek thru your fingers. I just caught House of 1000 Corpses and it made me ill. That creepy clown. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 pm

I have mixed feelings regarding the remake of Halloween!!!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:24 pm

I KNEW somebody would question a remake of that beloved flick. I'm sure the Rob Zombie version won't be anything like the John Carpenter original. Prolly won't even recognize the damn thing. If you go down the list of songs on the soundtrack your mind reels at the thought of what will be in that particular scene. Muaaaahaha.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:36 pm

I heard, its not even supossed to have anything to do with the original holloween exactly ?
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:35 am

It'll be Halloween, but a bit different. A bit more about why the mask was put on and the killing started in the first place.
If the movie is only half as good as The Devils rejects this version will be one of the finest movies of the year.
Any one that got doubts should see The Devils Rejects. The movie balances fast and brutal violence with horror with out going over top with it. The horror in the movie the acts feels horrifying, even if it's a man being beaten to death of screen. It's very much in the vein of Psycho or Scarface, as in their shower scenes.

And I almost forgot to mention Zombies use of music! In Rejects he uses Terry Rieds Seed of memory in such ways you're near tears!

Trust me folks. Halloween will be class!
Back to top Go down
Lerxst

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Rob Zombie can make good horror movies, but I think classics like "Halloween" should just be left alone.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 2:28 am

i like the fact hes remaking halloween..for me, im completly for this movie..i think it comes out friday?
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am

More gore but fewer chills in new "Halloween"
By Frank Scheck - Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

If there's one lesson that should have been learned from Thomas Harris' dipping into the Hannibal Lecter well once too often, it's that backstories detract from the mythos of a character.

Rob Zombie's remake/prequel to "Halloween" goes down a similar path, spending a good portion of its running time fleshing out young Michael Myers' beginnings as a homicidal maniac. The result, though undeniably preferable to yet another misbegotten instalment of the long-exhausted franchise, certainly doesn't compare to John Carpenter's landmark original film.

That said, Zombie, who sports probably the best horror film director moniker ever, continues to impress on a technical level, even if this effort lacks the gonzo originality of "House of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects." Professionally executed, this "Halloween" is certainly no embarrassment, even if it fails to live up to expectations. It certainly exceeded expectations at the Labour Day holiday box office, earning an estimated $30 million (14.9 million pounds) during its first four days, easily taking the No. 1 spot.

The first part of the film, expanding the original's brief prologue, is concerned with the child version of Michael, spookily played by Daeg Faerch, discovering his inner psychopath. It's hardly surprising, considering his dysfunctional upbringing at the hands of his white-trash stepfather (William Forsythe) and slutty older sister (Hanna Hall). Despite the best efforts of Michael's loving stripper mother (Sheri Moon Zombie) and concerned child psychologist Dr. Loomis (Malcolm McDowell), Michael winds up in a hospital for the criminally insane after committing a family killing spree.

Cut to years later, when the now adult Michael (the hulking Tyler Mane, hidden behind the iconic mask) escapes and returns to his hometown in search of his baby sister. The last half-hour of the film roughly approximates Carpenter's original, albeit in a necessarily rushed and abridged form. Once again Michael dispatches a number of sexually active teens, culminating with his pursuit of babysitter Laurie Strode (Scout Taylor-Compton).

This version naturally features far more extensive nudity and graphic violence than the original, in the process sacrificing the creepy mood of foreboding that was so brilliantly sustained in Carpenter's atmospheric vision of a suburban nightmare. Only the astute reprising of the director's haunting theme music makes this rendition feel like "Halloween" rather than a generic slasher film.

The performances are disappointing, with Taylor-Compton lacking Jamie Lee Curtis' spunky appeal and the normally reliable McDowell rather prosaic as the obsessed shrink, not coming close to Donald Pleasance's neurotic intensity.

As usual, Zombie has added an element of camp fun to the proceedings with his clever casting of numerous B-movie icons in small roles, including Dee Wallace, Brad Dourif, Danny Trejo, Sid Haig, Udo Kier, and even Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees.

Cast:

Michael Myers: Tyler Mane

Deborah Myers: Sheri Moon Zombie

Dr. Samuel Loomis: Malcolm McDowell

Ronnie White: William Forsythe

Judith Myers: Hanna Hall

Young Michael Myers: Daeg Faerch

Laurie Strode: Scout Taylor-Compton

Director-screenwriter: Rob Zombie; Producers: Rob Zombie, Malek Akkad, Andy Gould, Andy La Marca; Executive producers: Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Matt Stein; Director of photography: Phil Parmet; Production designer: Anthony Tremblay; Music: Tyler Bates; Costume designer: Mary McLeod; Editor: Glenn Garland.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Apperantly, some say it sucks. Some says it's rad and cool.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 pm

LOVE Mickey Dolenz. Steppin' Stone is in my top 10 favorite songs. Pistols version is almost as good. The movie will prolly drop down in the standings next week--like all movies do.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:59 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Very cool witch live version is it ?

Got the cd today. It´s Channel Boston 88 version.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween 2002744997731424028_rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween   Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy's 1969 on Rob Zombie's Halloween
Page 1 of 1