Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary

Go down 
+17
LittleDoll
turnblue69
heypeter
Cosmicloner
Perdu
sheddy
teisco delray
mc
TeddyB1018
Nadja
morepower
ElRoi
Hectorlovesthestooges
Mr. FunBoy
rabid_fish
homesickjameswilliamson
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 am

http://www.nme.com/movies/news/jim-jarmusch-to-make-iggy-pop-documentary/187855

Ghost Dog and Mystery Train's Jim Jarmusch has revealed details about a documentary about Iggy Pop, as well as his forthcoming film project, while curating All Tomorrow's Parties in New York. His follow-up film to The Limits Of Control will feature Tilda Swinton, who Jarmusch has worked with on Broken Flowers, as well as his last film.

He told Pitchfork: "I have a new film project that's really foremost for me. I hope to shoot early next year with Tilda Swinton and Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska, who was Alice in Wonderland in Tim Burton's film. I don't have that quite financed yet, so I'm working on that."

The director revealed that as well as the new flick, he will be working on a long-term documentary project with Iggy Pop after the singer asked him to get involved.

Jarmusch said: "It's something Iggy [Pop] asked me to do. There's a rule in my household that if Iggy is playing anywhere within 90 miles, we go. It's going to take a few years though. There's no rush on it."

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:07 am

cool!
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 am

why Iggy? why not just Stooges
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am

Mr. FunBoy wrote:

Because Iggy Pop is more commercial than The Stooges sadly...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 am

it seems pretty loose at the minute

i read another report that suggested it was a stooges movie

if i can find the link i'll post it

i imagine its easier for them to say iggy and mean the stooges, or it could just be an iggy documentary, the strange thing is that iggy asked for it to be made, i wonder what he has to say
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 am

what kind of documentary will it be?
will it be like all the Iggy docs and the Raw Power doc?
or
like the The Doors When You're Strange movie that came out?
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:05 am

Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 am

This is sounding better now!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 am

Thanks for posting those links ElRoi, I knew i remembered reading 'stooges doc' somewhere

i assume its an iggy/stooges documentary and it was more attractive to have iggys name solely

HJW
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:53 am

Back to top Go down
morepower

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: stooges documentry   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:39 am

Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Sounds pretty tentative at the moment..will be interesting to see it take shape.

Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:59 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
Mr. FunBoy wrote:

Because Iggy Pop is more commercial than The Stooges sadly...
True. Hence why most people know or refer to them (The Stooges) as Iggy and The Stooges.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:16 am

Jim Jarmusch too! So we already know it's gonna be good!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:28 pm

http://www.aversion.com/news/news_article.cfm?news_id=15105

Director Jim Jarmusch didn't get a chance to film Iggy Pop during the peak of the Stooges, but he's not letting that stand in his way of getting a modern-era Pop documentary on film.

Jarmusch revealed he's starting a documentary project focusing on the former Stooge. The documentary is set to collect footage over the next couple years, probably including live footage, and piece it together in a expansive overview of the life of a middle-aged punk icon.

found this recently, sounds promising, kinda like dream of life
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Jim is very cool and a great music fan.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:23 pm

recent news

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/200825

Indie filmmaker Jim Jarmusch sat down with Rolling Stone at All Tomorrow's Parties this weekend and gave us some details on his planed Stooges documentary. While the film is still years away, Jarmusch — who recruited the Stooges to perform Raw Power at ATP on Sunday night — promises it will be more visually interesting than a typical documentary that relies on "talking heads." He also plans on using new music Scott and Ron Asheton recorded prior to Ron's death in January 2009, which Iggy later sang over. "It's something that Iggy asked me to do about a year ago, because he knew I was a huge fan of the Stooges," says Jarmusch. "It's not an overview of Iggy Pop or his life or his career, but of course the Stooges are so important in the history of music, and certainly Iggy's the engine of it." For more, watch our video above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's a video on the webpage

looks like we will get to hear the stuff Ron recorded before he passed away

HJW
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:28 pm

thanks for the update HJW.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Sounds like it's a definite goer
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Nadja wrote:
thanks for the update HJW.

Welcome, Nadja.

This is the first good, solid news we've had, before things were reported as just iggy or just stooges or iggy and the stooges, now it seems its an iggy movie, but will contain a large portion of stooges stuff because its so important to his story - i imagine an open up and bleed kinda of thing (im referencing paul trynka's book which was half stooges half solo) and will be an typically stooge non-typical biopic

Quote :

Sounds like it's a definite goer

yeh the way jarmusch is talking about it is encouraging, getting into strange detail about iggys/stooges story (like the trailer thing) and it not being a oldies-regale-us-of-the-past affair

and 8 hours of interview with iggy? sounds promising and even better is the news that we will finally hear the stuff Ron and Scott recorded before Rons passing - thats the big draw for me

sounds like iggys version of neil youngs archive series, like a summation of the band and its importance to music recorded for posterity, instead of a typical biopic or tell-all autobiography - think Ron's passing may have him thinking of his own mortality and legacy and hoping to get that caught on tape

in any case its more good news for a stooge fan, well the idea of it being recorded over a series of years is slightly discouraging but i think it could be cool, if they do a patti smith dream of life thing with it, it might be very cool

although how are they going to get everything into a two hour documentary?

talking about the recent revival of the raw power era band is enough to cover four hours including all the stuff with the original record

imagine getting in stuff from his childhood / ann arbor / the scene at the time with MC5 etc / starting the band / live gigs / signing to electra / first album / new york / john cale / more live shows / funhouse / etc etc going through their own solo work before the 2004 reunion / skull ring / coachella / tours / weirdness / tours / rons passing / james rejoining / new material hopefully / and by the time its released a new album possibly and more touring - its a lot to talk about in 2 hours, especially if jarmusch has already captured 8hours of one band member

the special edition of the DVD may be one to look out for

HJW
Back to top Go down
teisco delray

teisco delray

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey folks. I'm producing this film and just want to give a shout and say thanks for the support. As huge Stooges fans we're very excited to have the opportunity to do this.

If anyone has any high quality sources for the limited amount of live or other footage, photos, posters, clippings or anything else that's out there please PM me. We want to leave no stone unrolled.

Carter
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:01 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
He also plans on using new music Scott and Ron Asheton recorded prior to Ron's death in January 2009, which Iggy later sang over.

looks like we will get to hear the stuff Ron recorded before he passed away

HJW

Just what I want.
Really want to hear it in its entirety...don't care about quality.

Other than using it in the film, I hope that it will be released as some sort of "bonus feature" on a CD.

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Which production company do you work for?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:24 pm

It's been over a year now, wonder how it's coming along?

http://wn.com/Jim_Jarmusch_on_His_Planned_Stooges_Film
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:52 am

He was at the Ann Arbor show with crew shooting that gig...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next