Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary

Go down 
+17
LittleDoll
turnblue69
heypeter
Cosmicloner
Perdu
sheddy
teisco delray
mc
TeddyB1018
Nadja
morepower
ElRoi
Hectorlovesthestooges
Mr. FunBoy
rabid_fish
homesickjameswilliamson
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 am

Will there be rare footage from 67-74? Or will it all just be photos and new concerts?
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:42 pm

If one remembers correctly, it was to encompass the totality of the Ig's lifetime and that's a rather important phase of same.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Good to hear it's movin along. I hope we get to see more of the Elmar Paeva 1970 footage, Leni's stuff in better quality and maybe soming as yet unearthed stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cosmicloner

Cosmicloner

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 pm

For me, it is one of the most anticipated documentaries of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmiclava.com
Cosmicloner

Cosmicloner

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:15 am

Does anyone know what the current situation is regarding the documentary?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmiclava.com
heypeter

heypeter

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

mc wrote:

http://wn.com/Jim_Jarmusch_on_His_Planned_Stooges_Film

8 hours of Iggy talking about The Stooges?

That sounds great, imagine to see the footage and hear Iggy telling you the story of The Stooges
Back to top Go down
turnblue69

turnblue69

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 am

so what's the deal? is this still being made? if any one can do it and do it properly, it's jim jarmusch.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 pm

turnblue69 wrote:
so what's the deal? is this still being made? if any one can do it and do it properly, it's jim jarmusch.

Yes, confirmed to me yesterday that it's still being made. They're doing other projects at the same time so that's why it's progressing slowly.

Back to top Go down
LittleDoll

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Anything new about the movie?
Back to top Go down
teisco delray

teisco delray

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm

We've been at work on our current narrative feature, ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE (releasing in the US on April 11). But production on the Iggy and the Stooges doc is set to resume this year. Full steam ahead.

We're currently still collecting all the archival materials we can find. So please contact me if you have hi-res photos, album art, posters, memorabilia or footage from the band's inception through the mid-70s.
Back to top Go down
LittleDoll

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Anything new? I cannot stop thinking about this movie!
Back to top Go down
Ale

Ale

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:30 am

Around what time may we expect this film to be released? And thank you for taking the time to give The Stooges some due credit on the big screen!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 4:45 pm

From Q&A with Jim Jarmusch May 2014:

"What's next?

I'm about to start editing a film on The Stooges. Not a conventional documentary; more a kind of love letter. We're trying to avoid talking heads that aren't in the band. Most of it's been shot. And a lot of it will be made up of clips, not just of the Stooges, but a lot of other things from the time, including TV commercials, political kind of stuff, Soupy Sales videos. We did all-new interviews. I interrogated Jim Osterberg for 7½ hours, which is a beautiful oral history, not from Iggy, but Jim. We have some stuff with [the late] Ron and Scott [Asheton], which we were lucky to get. We've got Mike Watt and James Williamson. We're going to try talking with Danny Fields and John Cale. And we definitely want to film Kathy Asheton, Ron and Scott's younger sister, who is kind of responsible for The Stooges even existing as a band."
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh wow. It sounds like it's going to be absolutely beautiful. Thanks mc!
Back to top Go down
LittleDoll

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Anything new about movie?
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:12 am

I just read this interview from April 16 and there are news about the documentary:

https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/iggy-pop-on-submission-and-savile-row

"What's up next for you? Any news about the upcoming documentary on you and The Stooges?

I just texted Jim Jarmusch the other day, and he said he's just about ready to show me something, the documentary is nearly done."
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:39 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
I just read this interview from April 16 and there are news about the documentary:

https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/iggy-pop-on-submission-and-savile-row

"What's up next for you? Any news about the upcoming documentary on you and The Stooges?

I just texted Jim Jarmusch the other day, and he said he's just about ready to show me something, the documentary is nearly done."

Good news!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Excellent news thanks for positing this, great interview too

thought this was in the ether like most of these documentaries

between this and danny says we'll hopefully get some good stories, and hopefully some lost footage/tracks, you never know!
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:07 am

And here's a new interview with Jim Jarmusch:

http://thequietus.com/articles/18218-squrl-interview-jim-jarmusch-jozef-van-wissem

"[...]And now we’re making a film about The Stooges. It’s almost done, well, its getting done: the picture is going to be locked in a few weeks then we do sound mixing and the rest of the post. Carter produced that. He is the sole producer. This film is a little more intimate, in our hands; there are not a lot of people involved."
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Update on this topic:
Feb 2016 issue of Mojo magazine. Robert Matheu article.
Expected release around March and title to be 'Gimmie Danger'
To include footage of Delta Pop Fest '69, unidentified '68 gig, Cincinnati and a late '73 New York show.
Something to look forward to in 2016
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 pm

jpod wrote:
Update on this topic:
To include footage of Delta Pop Fest '69, unidentified '68 gig, Cincinnati and a late '73 New York show.

Hopefully that's not a comprehensive list of the footage used as I was really hoping to see more of 1970 Daniels Den and thought they might uncover something as yet unseen. Good to know it's coming soon though.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:48 pm

mc wrote:
jpod wrote:
Update on this topic:

Hopefully that's not a comprehensive list of the footage used as I was really hoping to see more of 1970 Daniels Den and thought they might uncover something as yet unseen.  Good to know it's coming soon though.

I was hoping for that too, and also the Hy Lit TV Show where they played "1969" and "Dog". But it seems they're including all the footage we've all seen...
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 8:56 pm

We have to wait a little more untill we know.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary   Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim Jarmusch Making Iggy Documentary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2