Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Doors' disaster at Michigan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

The Doors' disaster at Michigan Empty
PostSubject: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 am

I thought this was pretty cool.

This talks about Jim Morrison and later on in the story it talks about Iggy Pop

http://michigantoday.umich.edu/2010/11/story.php?id=7894
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:02 pm

very cool article and lots of comments from people who were there - here's a comment from a guy who saw our boys at Goose Lake:

Brian Maiville I came to U of M the year after that concert, but heard the story. Pretty consistent with the Morrison persona. Other great concerts and musical events have to include the Free John Sinclair Rally. Really bad acoustics but a great assembly of performers. The Jazz and Blues Festivals were the best. Leon Thomas was singing with Pharoah Sanders. I think this was the '72 festival. They did Love Supreme and The Creator has a Master Plan among others, but those songs were other worldly. I doubt that you could find a more influential group of musicians in any one event as those that performed in '72. I missed the '70 Blues Festival because I was at Goose Lake. Iggy was there along with 200,000 other people. After being heckled at some point, he yelled, "Some of you like us and some of you hate us. I want the people who like us to line up over here and the people who hate us to line up over there, and we're going to have a big f-ing fight." I remember starting to pack up my stuff to get the heck out of there. The repercussions of his challenge were mind boggling. Thankfully not many people paid attention. As a personal favorite concert, I have to say Mountain at Hill Auditorium was one sonically memorable event. Somehow they managed to balance the sound at an incredibly high decibel level. Reduced hearing acuity; the souvenir you can carry with you forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Interesting stuff, thanks Mr FunBoy and mc.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Here is a video of Iggy talking about how Jim Morrison Influenced him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryq2K0dGx6o
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
zaval80

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks for this. There exists a story of that Doors show told by Iggy in person. It's in an old SPIN magazine, something like August 1990 - the one with Jim Morrison on the cover. Iggy-related story there is page-long, I think. He reminisces that there was a hottie in front of him, and he spent the whole of the show grinding against her ass Smile and there is another story from that show, in "Please Kill Me" book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doors' disaster at Michigan   The Doors' disaster at Michigan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doors' disaster at Michigan
Page 1 of 1