Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD

Go down 
+19
jerrythebarman
Shakes
jpod
Donald
blank78
Luzern
adams66
Lucas
Pop Stüge
StoogeFan
StoogesFan
G, F#, E
Stranger09
neven
james matlock
ziggy
Mr. FunBoy
IGGYDANZIG
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Empty
PostSubject: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am

JUST got the record today from MVD of the ATP show contest I won,here it is......
STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Picture173dpSTOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Picture174iSTOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Picture175q
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 am

THAT'S SO FUCKING COOL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go buy it
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Just the Raw Power tracks ?
I'm loosing interest.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

ziggy wrote:
I'm loosing interest.

Hmm - he's disappointed that "RAW POWER LIVE" is uhhh...Raw Power, Live. At least there's some truth in advertising there...
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 pm

ziggy wrote:
I'm loosing interest.
Umm I got a right is not a Raw Power track.The truth of the matter is the show was mainly to do the album in its entirety,and how many songs can you fit on an album?????It not a CD for godsake.Get the CD then,they played alot of other stuff.Some people are never happy.I mean the purpose of the album is to hear the allbum done live from the PRESENT.Im sure evryone has TONS of modern day complete live Raw Power recordings with James?????think not.Sorry to be defensive but that comment urked me.Its not a lost tracks boxset!!!
BTW for those who are not "BORED" with Raw Power live,the sound quality is amazing on the album compared to most other live recordings of the day.
This is definately not just for a completist,its for any level of Stooges fan,as it is accessible,and a super document of where the band is now.It is definately powerful,rocking and worth many listens.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm

is this from the fm recording?
when will the dvd come out?
I thinj it's a good idea just these tracks on lp
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:57 pm

I virtually never buy new records, particularly as my record player needs some work done Sad, but this does look tempting. I'm more likely to opt for a CD or DVD version, but either way it looks great, and yes, Raw Power live would interest me if it's well recorded, which I understand it is.

So well done all concerned.

Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm

james matlock wrote:
ziggy wrote:
I'm loosing interest.

Hmm - he's disappointed that "RAW POWER LIVE" is uhhh...Raw Power, Live. At least there's some truth in advertising there...

Plenty more tracks were recorded at this gig, a double album would be more fitting.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:17 pm

I think some are missing the point this is for RAW POWER LIVE.Nothing more nothing less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:38 pm

we also must not forget that an LP has a usefull running time of about 20 minutes per side. More is possible but the sound is getting quickly worse towards the end of the spiral.

I expect the DVD/blu ray to have all songs.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:00 pm

IGGYDANZIG wrote:
I think some are missing the point this is for RAW POWER LIVE.Nothing more nothing less.

What about I Got A Right?
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm

I mentioned that above,its considered a bonus track.I feel it IS part of Raw Power in a away.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 pm

It is unusual for me to buy vinyl releases, but unless a CD version is planned I will certainly be buying this one. Having what is essentially a live version of the Raw Power album is a great idea, and - unless the mythical King's Cross show from '72 suddenly appears - this is the closest we will get to hearing all these songs performed by the band that originally recorded them. 'I Got A Right' is an appropriate bonus track because even though it was not on the Raw Power album it was recorded by the same line-up at around the same time.
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 am

It is going to be released on Itunes as well.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:26 am

Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:19 am

I haven't heard this record yet, but the performances I saw last year were nothing like this review. These performances were very powerfull, especially the one in Lille
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 am

That's a bit of a harsh review, and I agree with Lucas that the shows I saw were excellent.
But the thing that worries me is that the reviewer said that there are fade outs after each song.
WTF??? It's a live album, so why ruin the mood by fading out the crowd? I hope that the reviewer heard a promo or something and that the real record doesn't do this...
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 am

What a bunch of bullshit. And then he goes and gives Frampton Comes Alive by Peter fucking Frampton 5 stars. Jesus Christ...

Total shit review.

Like Frank Zappa and others once said about music critics, "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 pm

The RAW POWER shows that I saw were great, I don't expect the ATP show to be any different. Can anybody who's already heard the record tell us about the "fades" after the songs?
Back to top Go down
blank78

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:39 am

Yeah... it fades after each song. Still a great set though!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

blank78 wrote:

Nice work, whoever put this record together, for totally ruining the atmosphere.
Why, FFS why??
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 pm

adams66 wrote:
blank78 wrote:

Nice work, whoever put this record together, for totally ruining the atmosphere.
Why, FFS why??

It just could be because this is a vinyl release. There is a finite amount of space for the grooves on each side, and the closer together they are then the lesser the quality of sound will be. Whoever put this together probably wanted to use the maximum space possible for the songs themselves, rather than compromise the overall quality by including the gaps or on-stage banter in between. This is just a guess on my part, but it does make technical sense. A CD release would solve this problem (but then, we do have the DVD to look forward to). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Most live albums are edited highlights of gigs or even highlights of several gigs but without fades between tracks. I haven't heard it but this just sounds lazy.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Did anyone see this among the Record Store Day racks today?
I couldn't find it in Belfast. Maybe his is just a US release for RSD.?
Anyone have any better luck? No one I asked in record shops has heard of it, but I put that down to general ignorance.
It seems quite overpriced on Amazon UK.

The irony is I then went into a clothes store and they had both Stooges debut and Kill City on vinyl. Strange world.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 am

I didn't think it was an RSD release, it certainly wasn't listed. Besides it is a US only release. Mine arrived today from amazon.com, cost 12.36 GBP including p&p.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD   STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOOGES LIVE ATP RECORD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next