Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!

Go down 
+13
Billy
Shakes
Lucas
vnclee
gazatthebop
Stranger09
jpod
soldier
ElRoi
woody
studioguy
james matlock
SiriusXM Harpreet
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SiriusXM Harpreet

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Empty
PostSubject: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Iggy and the Stooges pay tribute to Ron Asheton with a once-in-a-lifetime event on SiriusXM’s Faction! LIVE from the Michigan Theatre in Ann Arbor, MI its Iggy and the Stooges with the music of Raw Power, Fun House and more with host Henry Rollins, and event emcee John Varvatos. It’s only on SiriusXM’s Faction, Sirius channel 28 & XM channel 52, on Tuesday, 4/19 at 8pm ET. Get a Free* Online Trial of SiriusXM – see complete details: http://www.siriusxm.com/rockfreepass.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Good news! That means that we'll be getting a high quality recording out of it at the very least...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Very nice this is being broadcast.
I'd like to have that 30 days trial but I don't have a credit card. You crazy Americans with your
credit cards.... Wink
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

zickafuce wrote:
Very nice this is being broadcast.
I'd like to have that 30 days trial but I don't have a credit card. You crazy Americans with your
credit cards.... Wink

There's also 7 day free trial, no credit card needed. I'm listening right now

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 pm

So we can get on with the free trial and hear the tribute gig for Ron... LIVE??!??? The whole gig?? Sounds too good to be true! Thanks for the heads up, hope it works out.
Recordings are great - but listening in LIVE is something else.

Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:18 pm

The 7 day trial seems to only work on one pc in your house so pick wisely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

thanks Rod..Listening now. They play linkin park right now Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! 27072
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 pm

zickafuce wrote:
thanks Rod..Listening now. They play linkin park right now Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! 27072

And they have been doing promo's for the Stooges show
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 pm

studioguy wrote:
Link please.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 pm

studioguy wrote:
Found the 30 day, but no 7 day

Last edited by ElRoi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 pm

please
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 pm

soldier wrote:
http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial?PROMOCODE=iphone
Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 pm

soldier wrote:
http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial?PROMOCODE=iphone

That's the one I used I think. Also download Audacity, that will let you record just like a recorder
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

how to know the right station ??? it's reggae now §??? Unsure
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 pm

soldier wrote:

I think 52
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 pm

huh - I never knew that you get get Sirius on your home computer. I always thought that you had to buy (from them) a dedicated receiver.
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 pm

studioguy wrote:
soldier wrote:

I think 52

thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm

something like in 7 hours .. ? scratch
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I hope someone can record this and post it.
*hint*

Smile
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 pm

jpod wrote:
I hope someone can record this and post it.
*hint*

Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:12 pm

From The Foundation website -

'The extras, however, will make for a truly special kind of night. Stooges devotee Henry Rollins will join the band for “I Got a Right,” while Deniz Tek, the Ann Arbor-born member of Australia’s Radio Birdman and a close friend of Asheton’s, will play an encore set of early Stooges material. Williamson and Pop have crafted an acoustic piece called “Ron’s Tune,” and a group of teen musicians from Ann Arbor’s Neutral Zone teen center will open the show.

And Pop plans to pay homage to another aspect of Asheton’s musicality that’s far different from “I Wanna Be Your Dog,” “No Fun” or “Down on the Street.”

“Some of his best themes always reminded me a lot of … classical music in the 17th century,” Pop explains, “particularly the music that came out of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Russia, the Ukraine, Poland … which is probably no accident because the (Asheton) family’s blood is half Ukranian. So his stuff always reminded me of the basic themes that inform Bartok or Dvorak.

“So we’ve got an orchestra of Ann Arbor musicians and an Ann Arbor writer and arranger composing an overture of (Asheton’s) themes, and then they’re going to play along with the Stooges on a couple numbers, and also with me.”'

If a recording can be shared it would be very cool, and worth a donation over on the Foundation's Paypal.

Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:58 pm

woody wrote:
If a recording can be shared it would be very cool, and worth a donation over on the Foundation's Paypal.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm

ElRoi wrote:
woody wrote:

Yes.

Absolutely. great idea.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:36 am

One in FLAC for the lossless brigade, and one in mp3 for the ipod people?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!   Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy and the Stooges on SiriusXM!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next