Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges Isle of Wight official CD

Go down 
+12
james matlock
homesickjameswilliamson
berlinberlin
Damian.H
tompa67
TED
Luzern
StoogesFan
Donald
Natalie
hank67
gazatthebop
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Empty
PostSubject: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:36 am

Isle of Wight show to be recorded and released by Concert Live pre-order here:

http://www.concertlive.co.uk/product.php?id=118&ac=June2011
Back to top Go down
hank67

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 am

20 pounds for an mp3 album? crazy
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 am

20 pounds was the exact amount that was charged for the usb stick of Hammersmith last year. Many were sold. i guess it's no so crazy if you are a diehard fan.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 am

It will be worth waiting as they always have to bring the price down. 20 pounds is a rip off for a CDR just as it was a rip off for a USB stick.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

I have ordered a copy. I think £20 is reasonable for a properly recorded CD of what promises to be a great show.

Besides, it will be a stop-gap until the new studio album is released....

Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 am

The cover artwork looks super-cool! And thanks for providing the link gazatthebop!
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:00 pm

hank67 wrote:
20 pounds for an mp3 album? crazy

i didn't say it was mp3. This company do not use mp3 they record and sell using WAV
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

setlist

CD 1

1. Raw Power
2. Search and Destroy
3. Gimme Danger
4. Shake Appeal
5. 1970
6. Fun House
7. LA Blues
8. Night Theme
9. Beyond The Law
10. I Gotta Right
11. I Wanna Be Your Dog

CD 2

1. No Fun
2. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 pm

No , "Open Up and Bleed"? That's a major disappointment for me.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Natalie wrote:
No , "Open Up and Bleed"? That's a major disappointment for me.

Me too.
The setlist was changed from the "official" one given to the record company before the concert, maybe time constraints came into force.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

What difference would it have made ?
CD2 only has two songs on it ..... surely they aren't 80 minutes long affraid
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:23 pm

money talks.....
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:26 pm

listen to the 1971 recs... that´s stooges power....
skål as we say in sweden
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

This is strange – 13 Stooges songs should fit on ONE CD, shouldn't they? All regular Stooges shows from 2010 fit on one CD ... and this is a shorter festival set.

Btw will there be more CDs from this year's tour? The people behind that CD ("Concert Live") often do multiple shows of the artists they work with.

It's expensive, but those "Concert Live" CDs are custom-made in limited numbers, which is not cheap.
Back to top Go down
Damian.H

Damian.H

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 am

I've had a few by The Pixies, PIL, The Raconteurs and Franz Ferdinand...all top class stuff.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 am

Or spread them evenly over 2 CDs would be a plan
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am

Anybody bought one? What's it sound like?
Back to top Go down
berlinberlin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Donald wrote:
Anybody bought one? What's it sound like?

yeah, i am courious, too ...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't think i'll get this unless the quality of recording / performance are appealing enough to

but I think its a great idea, i bought one of the USB sticks at the london gig and its great as a well recorded live show but also just as a souvenir of one of the best gigs i've seen

i like the cover, James is getting into the image, and Rock just looks like a badass

where does the "Sadistic Summer" title come from?

HJW
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 pm

[quote=
CD2 only has two songs on it ..... [/quote]

My understanding of the way it works is, being that the cd could be purchased directly after the show if you attend,
the encores always go on a seperate disc, in this case disc 2. Yes it looks likely it's well under 80mins and because of that overpriced.
Likely to be reduced in price too, so keep your eyes open.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 pm

any sign of a torrent or download for this ( am I allowed to ask that? )
Back to top Go down
rokyforever

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I got my copy today, and I must say the recording sounds great. And the band fantastic! When I ordered it I didn't know it was going to be two CDs, so that doesn't upset me. And I think I understand the logic for the two CD concept. They make the first CD before the show is over, so they have copies to sell to people leaving the show. The second CD (with the encore) is blank but there is a link provided to download an burn the tracks for the second CD so you can do that at home later. The copy I got in the mail alreday had the tracks burnt to the second CD as well.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I highly recommend this. Comes in a nice fold-out digipack. Great sound, great performance. Monster sound on James Williamson's guitar! White-hot version of 1970, one of the best I have heard. Intense Iggy vocals.
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 am

I just got my copy today. The mix is a bit muddy compared to the Hammersmith & Lille recordings from last year. The energy however is excellent. So far in my opinion though, Live In The Hands Of The Fans is the best one so far.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

yes , I have to agree with mghifi , sound on this a bit disapointing , a bit of a mish mash with no real separation between the instruments...not saying it's an easy job to mix the stooges in the heat of a concert but the lille and london gigs from 2010 sound better

fabrice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Isle of Wight official CD   Stooges Isle of Wight official CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges Isle of Wight official CD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next