Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think is Iggy's worst album?

Go down 
+15
heypeter
turnblue69
neven
fabrice
james matlock
Pop Stüge
c-deep
Winnerloser
Donald
Lucas
adams66
rabid_fish
stooges
woody
imastooge69
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Party or Beat Em Up would be, in my opinion, his worst, although both have good songs (Party: Houston is Hot Tonight, Bang Bang, Pumping for Jill; Beat Em Up: Mask, Beat Em Up)

What do you think is his worst album?
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Naughty Little Doggie.

Mid-life crisis? Pussy Walk? Yuk.

But it does have a great cover photo, and the song about J Thunders is sweet.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:26 am

Naughty Little Doggie,Skull Ring (sum 41,green day features worst song!!!),Preliminaires...

My favorite albums are the idiot, brick by brick and maybe lust for life,american ceasar
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:22 am

stooges wrote:
Naughty Little Doggie,Skull Ring (sum 41,green day features worst song!!!),Preliminaires...

My favorite albums are the idiot, brick by brick and maybe lust for life,american ceasar

Preliminaries? It's not his best, but it's better than freaking Party and Avenue B. With an album that showcases songs like: Nazi Girlfriend, She Called Me Daddy, No Shit, and Motorcycle, it's pathetic even for Iggy albums! Compared to Naughty Little Doggie, 'Doggie' is a masterpiece! At least Avenue B has Corruption...
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:04 am

i'd say zombie birdhouse... i couldn't even finish to hear all of the album, that's how bad i think it is...

Av. B sucked ass too
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:18 am

rabid_fish wrote:
i'd say zombie birdhouse... i couldn't even finish to hear all of the album, that's how bad i think it is...

Av. B sucked ass too

Zombie Birdhouse was decent, a masterpiece compared to its predecessor, Party.
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm

imastooge69 wrote:
rabid_fish wrote:

Av. B sucked ass too

Zombie Birdhouse was decent, a masterpiece compared to its predecessor, Party.

i couldn't disagree more... just differents tastes i supose
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:48 pm

And I'm a big fan of Avenue B - which I'd argue is Iggy's most mature album, especially lyrically (certainly more so than the juvenile crap on The Wierdness) and musically it's far more adventurous and inventive than the somewhat one dimensional Beat Em Up which followed Avenue B.

I also really like Zombie Birdhouse - it's totally unlike anything else in Iggy's catalogue and it hasn't really dated at all (unlike albums like Blah-Blah-Blah or Instinct which are SO 80s that it hurts.)

Just goes to show that while we are all here because we like Iggy / Stooges music, we all like very different aspects of that music!

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Good posting I agree with all of that. alien
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:52 am

adams66 wrote:
I also really like Zombie Birdhouse - it's totally unlike anything else in Iggy's catalogue and it hasn't really dated at all (unlike albums like Blah-Blah-Blah or Instinct which are SO 80s that it hurts.)

Not one of Iggy's solo albums is like another one. All of them have decent songs as far as I'm concerned. But Iggy never chose the easy way in going on on things that were succesfull. Wether or not you like all of his albums, as far as I'm concerned that's something that speaks for him.

As far as his worst album, i think I would choose naughty little doggy. But even that one has a few nice songs.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:21 am

[quote="Lucas] As far as his worst album, i think I would choose naughty little doggy. But even that one has a few nice songs.[/quote]

Yeah, NLD has the cracking "I Wanna Live" and the excellent "To Belong" which are two of Iggy's strongest songs of the 90s. However we also have to put up with "Pussy Walk" which is rather childish...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

Apart from Cold Metal, Instinct is very poor. I never liked it that much when it came out but it is just so dated now. I've never really liked American Caesar apart from Wild America. I enjoy Naughty Little Doggie though.
Back to top Go down
Winnerloser

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Hard to choose among Soldier, Party and Zombie Birdhouse (even with a fantastic Eat Or Be Eaten). They're somewhat faceless, I'd say... Before them and after them, each Iggy's album has its own distinctive face and style, even Beat 'Em Up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anthonytupchy.forumbook.ru
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah, either Soldier or Party. Zombie Birdhouse gets the nod from me because at least he was trying to find his feet.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Avenue B, Preliminaires, Apres, and that part of Skull ring with the shit bands. Hard to believe anyone would even mention any other of his albums in this topic!
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

I'd love to hear a remix of soldier some day. A promising band, but the mix destroys it.
Back to top Go down
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Pop Stüge wrote:
Avenue B, Preliminaires, Apres, and that part of Skull ring with the shit bands. Hard to believe anyone would even mention any other of his albums in this topic!
I like Iggy in crooner mode and Skull Ring is half a great album. Party was an attempt to do something he wasn't into (unlike the crooner albums) and Soldier was just an unfortunate disaster. For me, Soldier is the most painful to listen to and I doubt that a remix could save these songs.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:57 pm

I'd say Beat 'em up is the worst but I didn't buy it ! a bit surprised about the harsh comments on Zombie Birdhouse , at least he was trying something new and risky , not the same old thing , obviously it's nothing like the stooges
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

apres and beat'm up
Back to top Go down
turnblue69

turnblue69

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:22 am

beat em up and american caeser are the worst, i rather enjoyed apres and preliminaires...
Back to top Go down
turnblue69

turnblue69

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:25 am

also soldier (take care of me (are you kidding!) ) and party both rule. everything up to and including zombie birdhouse is amazing.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 pm

preliminaires was inspired while it's succeeder Apres were useless covers,boring and badly sung.
Back to top Go down
turnblue69

turnblue69

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 pm

everyone's gotta do a covers album! at least this one had style. the music is amazing and iggy is full of pure soul.
Back to top Go down
heypeter

heypeter

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 am

People dislike Preliminaires so much because they think about Iggy like a crazy guy and that shit, but in the inside he is very calm and kind of sad, anyway, it's one of my fav albums of him.

The one I disliked was Apres, and his new Stooges album.

and most of the 80s and 90s albums, just save some from Party, and Blah blah Blah is a great album too
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

heypeter wrote:
Blah blah Blah is a great album too
uh... yeah.... well I guess we can discard your opinion of the new Stooges album being Iggy's worst.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is Iggy's worst album?   What do you think is Iggy's worst album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think is Iggy's worst album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next