Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?

Go down 
+17
berlinberlin
JW82
MJG196
G, F#, E
sheddy
homesickjameswilliamson
Big Time Bum
Lucas
world's forgotten boy
soldier
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
comaman
Nadja
Loose1969
iggy-fan
mc
J.N
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
J.N

J.N

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Empty
PostSubject: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:17 pm

Since noone seems to agree with me in another thread about that The Weirdness are the worst album Iggy ever been on, I would like to know which album you people think is the worst, or least good?

Please tell me why also Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoTKokB3DQ10lxKmXL7WbA/videos?
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:42 pm

I have to admit I'm no fan of the Weirdness or much solo Iggy after Lust for Life, but I make up for this in my love of Stooges 1968-74 Smile

Iggy always wanted recognition, I think he thought he was going to get it in the original Stooges but he didn't. Seeing people like Bowie and Alice Cooper who supposedly took ideas from him and then making millions off their more commercialized sound must have been hard. That's why I think the solo stuff and recent Stooges is tailored to meet the more generic alternative rock tastes of todays audiences.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Hard to say it. But maybe I agree on the Weirdness anyway. If we talk about every releases I count in "Wild love" and "Live 1971".
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
J.N

J.N

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 pm

I was thinking of the official studioalbums. Otherwise theres plenty of semi-official stuff that shouldnt be put out at all.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

J.N wrote:
I was thinking of the official studioalbums. Otherwise theres plenty of semi-official stuff that shouldnt be put out at all.

Have to disagree with you on this one J.N. I want to see more semi-official stuff of the Bomb/Revenge/Easy Action type!

Hell everything the Stooges did 68-74 that was taped should be released NOW, in time for Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm not as familiar with solo Iggy as I should be. YET.

But I will go so far as to agree that The Weirdness is the weakest of the official Stooges albums. The Stooges tracks off Skull Ring are a lot ballsier and sound closer to the original deal.

But with that said, I still like The Weirdness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm

JN very difficult to say. On each of the albums of the last 10 years (cuz that's about the time when Iggy started to make more hard rock albums, getting back to his hard rock roots) there r some good songs i like or really start to like.
The songs with that plain hard rock mentality/sound without really special bass riffs and drumm parts (read blues/jazz influence) I don't like so much. From the last 10 years official released albums, Avenue B is probably the best one.
Can say that Weirdness is the worst Stooges album. Cuz the songs on the other Stooges albums are musically much more complex and interesting dunno how to express that better. I hear other music influences in it i like. And...Iggy's voice + intensity/delivery was FAR OUT much better on the old albums.
But...
The Weirdness is better or the same as Skull Ring or Beat em Up.. to me.

Last edited by ZinZin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
J.N

J.N

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 pm

mc wrote:
J.N wrote:

Have to disagree with you on this one J.N. I want to see more semi-official stuff of the Bomb/Revenge/Easy Action type!

Hell everything the Stooges did 68-74 that was taped should be released NOW, in time for Christmas!

I dont mind some of the semi-official stuff but on this thread was I just intrested in official stuff Smile

Some of the Bomb etc stuff have to low quality or are re-released too many times to be ok to me.

Also, I think theres a chance that someone that just learned to like Iggy/Stooges end up with one of those albums, and had a hard time to continue on to listen more since those items more or less are for hardcorefans.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Here's my two cents...talking of 'official' stuff...

I don't really know any Iggy solo albums as yet, altho I'm working to remedy this.

Raw Power has some great songs but also some very weak ones that pull the whole thing down very sharply for me. With the result that I even prefer The Weirdness, at the moment anyway (*ducks stones*)
Altho I agree that the Weirdness is generic, so maybe I'm just contradicting myself or something. I'm just too fond of Ron's guitar...in any shape or form...is my trouble

However, I have absolutely no hesitation in proclaiming that the first two Stooges official albums are completely untouchable & the greatest music ever made.

So, what that all means is...Raw Power is kind of the weakest for me at the moment (altho not 'worst', I can't use that word in relation to this band!)
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 am

I'm not as much of a fan of Raw Power as the first two either, also due to the Ron factor. I prefer the raw, semi-psychedelic groove over the ice-pick-in-the-ear sound of RP. I love it, but not as much as the first two.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am

forgot to mention Skull Ring. but then again, I haven't heard the WHOLE thing, just the stuff with the Ashetons. which is pretty much on the same level as The Weirdness...but like I say I certainly can't judge the whole album
I do like RP too, it's just the 'bad' songs, for me...don't know what's wrong with me these days...I think it's also cuz I've come to hear a lot more stuff from the Williamson era, that I like so much more

Last edited by Nadja on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:33 am

Nadja wrote:
forgot to mention Skull Ring. but then again, I haven't heard the WHOLE thing, just the stuff with the Ashetons. which is pretty much on the same level as The Weirdness...but like I say I certainly can't judge the whole album

All in all, Skull Ring is a great album. There are a couple of clinkers, but overall it's great. Highly recommended.

Note how Ron swiped his own riff from TV Eye and used it on Little Electric Chair..
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am

yeah, time to give the WHOLE of Skull Ring a listen!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 am

Nadja wrote:
yeah, time to give the WHOLE of Skull Ring a listen!

You won't regret it. The stuff with The Trolls is great.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am

ok, you've got me all keen now!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am

Did you get it yet?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

got WHAT yet?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:43 am

The cd!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 am

no, not yet

Last edited by Nadja on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Best IGGY albums:

1. RAW POWER
2. NEW VALUES
3. THE IDIOT

Worst IGGY albums:

1. BEAT EM UP
2. THE WEIRDNESS
3. BLAH BLAH BLAH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:01 pm

I can find myself pretty well in yr lists comaman.
interesting...can you tell also a bit why these 3 are the worst albums?
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:09 pm

BLAH: Way too slick, much more Bowie's album stylewise. Boring.
I only like 2 songs: Winners and Losers and Cry For Love.

BEAT: Brutal but too primal and the simple melodies in the songs make it sound as Iggy developed backwards. Almost as he could have written this before the 1st album, if you know what I mean...

WEIRDNESS: Sounds like they threw somehing together in quite a short space of time, just to get the album done. The songs sound very uninspired in general to me...Not too sure of the choice of producer either...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:13 pm

ok..thanks Comaman. Yeah most of the Beat songs sound too simple. And Blah's too Bowiesc. I wouldn't say that The Weirdness sounds uninspired. But agree with ya that the producer wasn't the best choice, on the other hand it's well known that the '3 blind mice' (Iggy-Ron and Scotty) had the main influence on the knobs and final production.

To me the only outstanding song on Blah is; BlahBlahBlah. On Beat; Mask. And on Weirdness; I'm Fried - Trollin and The Weirdness.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:06 pm

to comaman: I would definitely say that there's something lacking about the final result on The Weirdness; too dry and metallic-sounding, don't know if that was just the producer's fault tho, it was suggested a while back that it was more due to the mixing/mastering (but don't know much about technical stuff myself)
Back to top Go down
J.N

J.N

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:59 pm

comaman wrote:
Best IGGY albums:

1. RAW POWER
2. NEW VALUES
3. THE IDIOT

Worst IGGY albums:

1. BEAT EM UP
2. THE WEIRDNESS
3. BLAH BLAH BLAH

I would also have Blah blah blah on a top three list of the worst albums, with Weirdness and Zombies.

I loved it when it came out, but listen to it nowdays it just got two great songs, Cry for love and Winners and losers. The rest sounds too much as Bowie leftovers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next