Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Empty
PostSubject: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello all,
here's the setlist for this wonderful night , songs pretty much in the order they were played :

Raw power
Search + destroy
Gimme danger
Shake appeal
I need somebody
Funhouse into LA Blues into
Night theme into Skull ring intro into
Beyond the Law
I got a right
I wanna be your dog
Johanna
Kill city
Open up and bleed into chaos

1st encore

Pentration ( as spelt on setlist , Penetration was played instead ! )
No Fun
THE PASSENGER
Cock ( false start )
Cock
Your pretty face

Band leaves
butt tease by Iggy , after calling the audience a bunch of perverts ( who want more music anyway ) he calls the band back for

2nd encore

Louie Louie ( not on setlist )

a superb concert , mix and sound were a joy , Iggy in great voice which highlighted slower stuff such as Open up , Iggy was very chatty and nearly emotional for the encores , throwing in his high personal thoughts on life : before Cock " all of us here are gonna die but there is one last thing I wanna do before I die , I want to get f***ed ! what about you ? "

He definitely surprised us all with the Passenger , " we're gonna do a song we've never played before , anywhere " and if some say it's not a stooges song , the crowd loved it , plus the bass/drums sound was very reminiscent of the studio version on this one

JW was super nasty and hot , closer to the front and more highlighted , fantastic versions of the raw power tracks ( I mean all of them , his playing is realllly so intense ) and a new mean edge on stuff like 1970 ( with new bass lines also ) , funhouse.... Johanna was smokin' , same for open up , and bringing Louie Louie was the icing on the cake.......

to be complete the setlist after no fun showed :

I got nothin ( not played )
Pass ? ( played )

so I got nothin was scraped but we got Louie louie , won't complain !

I must bring this to an end , I'm even boring myself , crazy night , beautiful sound ( finally ! ) everyone in fresh super form ,
watt totally crazy , lip-synching the songs behind the Ig.
what a reward after the super heavy storm rain that soaked everyone for 40 ' right before the gig

also, it was my kid's first stooges gig ( 7 ) and he loved every minute of it , especialy getting a high five with Iggy !

don't miss the next concert , this band is freakin' hot !
sorry for taking your time.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the great gig report - and well done for taking your 7 year old! Sounds like another excellent show. Great set list - shame about missing out "I Got Nothin'" but you got a few other Kill City songs, and a "Louie Louie" encore. Doesn't get much better than that!

Actually, I must put my pedantic hat on, and disagree with Iggy. The Stooges played "The Passenger" at the very first show that Williamson played back in November 2009 in Sao Paulo. They also played "Five Foot One" and "Lust For Life" at that show too.

For everyone that reckons that the Stooges shouldn't play Iggy solo songs, I'd argue that without Scotty on the drums the band isn't really the Stooges. I'm not taking away anything from James, Mike, Steve and Larry at all - they are delivering a brilliant show with Iggy, but perhaps it's time to stop billing them as Iggy and the Stooges.

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm

well done , Richard , I knew a pedantic hat would be thrown in sooner or later !
I'm kiddin of course , actually I don't think Iggy would lie to his fans ever and that south american gig you're mentioning was probably an internet fabrication and never existed !

more seriously , we could discuss forever about how " legitimate " it is to have " the passenger " performed during a stooges gig.
I'm more curious about how do they come up with the idea...the audience loved it anyway and we all need to be totally taken by surprise once in a while, anyway let them play what they want and be grateful

your insights about calling this band Iggy and the stooges are interesting , here's another take , fully respecting your comments : the stooges are dead , no pun intended.
there's no way this is an Iggy Pop gig ; with Iggy being alive and well ( thank god ! )
it can't be a stooges tribute.

what we see and hear is what's left of Iggy and the Stooges ( actually iggy has sometimes introduced the band as being what's left of the stooges ! )
the next best billing bet would be Iggy Pop/James Williamson maybe , but Iggy and the Stooges really works for me.............anyway this is boring , I'm gonna shut my gob and put a cd on !

all in good humour, Rich !

cheers
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Ha ha - a fabricated internet gig, made me laugh! I reckon that would be quite easy to do actually as plenty of people believe almost anything they read on the Web these days!

We could talk about whether or not this band is the Stooges or whatever for hours and hours and not really get anywhere (and being a Stooges geek, I'm more than happy to do that!) - but ultimately I'm just pleased that Iggy, James and the gang are still playing live and still pumping this music out. And if they want to stick "The Passenger" into the gig then what the hell!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Here's Shake Appeal from the Swiss show 8/2/12

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Fabrice, it was so cool to see you enjoying the show with your son safely tucked over the barrier. Reminded me of when I saw my first Iggy show at age 7 (Park West, Chicago 1982). It was so obvious that the two of you were enjoying the show so much!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Derek, thanx for your nice words , we did enjoy ourselves immensely , and this gig was really one of the very best for me.

Your comment is funny too because I really wonder if under other circumstances I would believe anyone saying his 1st Iggy show was at age 7 ! and also brings the question wether you can live a balanced life after such an experience at a very early age !
anyway my son is their number one fan now!!
Back to top Go down
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 am

Hard to believe, I know, but my former step-father was Iggy's drummer on the 1982-83 tour, so I was "exposed" (in more ways than one) to the man and his music at a very early age. Life changing for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !   Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenches , CH , 02AUG12 , superb gig and unusual encore !
Page 1 of 1