Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie

Go down 
+13
Nadja
TeddyB1018
woody
adams66
kingwayne
neven
cduffynyc
Dubby
Luzern
soldier
LARICAT61
ziggy
osterbergermeister
17 posters
AuthorMessage
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Empty
PostSubject: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 pm

[i]
I just saw the new Three Stooges movie. If you sit through almost all of the end credits, the second-to-last song is one entitled "3 Stooges" by The Stooges! (written by Pop-Asheston-Asheton). The whole song plays. As far as I can tell, it's an original (new) song. This movie has been out for four months and why have we not heard about this?!? I checked and there's no soundtrack album, so I guess somebody's gonna have to record it off their DVD player.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This is sorta like Iggy's solo "Louie Louie II" that's in the opening credits of "Capitalism: A Love Story" - I'd like to get that!

Or the Iggy solo "Atolladero" that plays through the ending credits of that movie.

There's also an unreleased Iggy song in "Tank Girl," but you only hear a tiny bit of that if you watch the movie.

I'm sure there are more.

Steve
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

If it really is the Stooges, I can hear why nobody made a fuss about it : it's to bad to be mentioned.
Even with the credits stating that it's "performed and produced by The Stooges", I find it difficult to believe that it's actually Iggy's voice (although it sounds close to his worst performances), or Ron's guitar... If it really is them, it's nothing but a quick jam with no songwriting involved and a "one take / no effort" kind of performance.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 pm

I agee! I didn't recognize it as being Iggy's vocal when then song played. Not until I saw the credits did I realize that it's (allegedly) him. Yeah, a pretty slap-dash effort.
Back to top Go down
LARICAT61

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

And this one, a new song ???

http://www.influencia.net/fr/actualites1/iggy-pop-nouveau-designer-kronenbourg,91,2801.html

I've soon posted it Somewhere else down here
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 pm

LARICAT61 wrote:
And this one, a new song ???

http://www.influencia.net/fr/actualites1/iggy-pop-nouveau-designer-kronenbourg,91,2801.html

I've soon posted it Somewhere else down here

not iggy ....for me
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 pm

How about the mention of a private gig in Paris September 25? Anybody going?
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 am

I didn't know about the "3 Stooges" song. Thanks for mentioning it! I checked it out and I actually quite like it. It's rather short, just under 2 mins and it fades, so the original is probably longer.

Any new recording by The Stooges with Ron Asheton on guitar is great to have. This is probably a "Weirdness" outtake, maybe from the early sessions, because it sounds different (especially the drums) from the stuff "recorded" by Steve Albini.

I don't think it's a throwaway song at all, I like it because it has the simplicity and primal power of the early stuff that is missing from most of the official "Weirdness" album. It's not just a jam, it's a finished song/recording. Ron even did a guitar overdub. If only the complete version (or more from those sessions) became available.

Great song, check it out!
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:22 am

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. You need to play it loud. It's in your face, great power. The lyrics have the primitive (in a good way) simplicity of songs like "Dog" or "No Fun" or the unreleased "Mindroom" and when Iggy continues to repeat the "3 Stooges" chorus the song becomes more and more hypnotic. This should have been the opening song on "The Weirdness".
Back to top Go down
Dubby

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:13 am

osterbergermeister wrote:
I just saw the new Three Stooges movie. If you sit through almost all of the end credits, the second-to-last song is one entitled "3 Stooges" by The Stooges! (written by Pop-Asheston-Asheton). The whole song plays. As far as I can tell, it's an original (new) song. This movie has been out for four months and why have we not heard about this?!? I checked and there's no soundtrack album, so I guess somebody's gonna have to record it off their DVD player.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there anywhere to listen to this song online?
Back to top Go down
cduffynyc

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 am

Finally found this online, still can't find the song online, but these credits on Soundtrack.Net clearly show that Iggy and boys wrote the song for the movie. Why they held it from playing until after the credits were half over makes no sense to me (and play a boring tune instead). I would love to hear it in a long version....cool Iggy did it quietly......"Three Stooges - tryin'a make a dollar in America" ; "Three Stooges - tryin'a make a buck before their funeral". LOL
Back to top Go down
cduffynyc

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 am

"3 STOOGES"
Written by Iggy Pop, Scott Asheton and Ron Asheton
Performed and Produced by The Stooges
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I asked j.w.on facebook about this song,he said it's the Stooges,he is not on it
Now a link to the song would ge great.
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I have the song here, I recorded the audio from the movie Three Stooges (2012), which I just downloaded.
First, a couple words about the date of the recording...

According to Wikipedia, it was in November 2008 that MGM picked up the script and started working on the movie.
And Ron died in the last week of December 2008.

So that means the producers of the movie contacted the Stooges almost immediately to get a song from them,
and that song must have been recorded sometime in November-December 2008.
In other words, just a couple of weeks before Ron's death.

I have uploaded the recording here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isSvowmdhQY
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Many thanks kingwayne!!!!

About the recording,your idea could be true,also a possibility;ron and scott did some demos in 2008 without ig.Ig got them and said he was gonna use them in some way,so maybe he did the vocals later??
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:43 pm

kingwayne wrote:
I have the song here, I recorded the audio from the movie Three Stooges (2012), which I just downloaded.
First, a couple words about the date of the recording...

According to Wikipedia, it was in November 2008 that MGM picked up the script and started working on the movie.
And Ron died in the last week of December 2008.

So that means the producers of the movie contacted the Stooges almost immediately to get a song from them,
and that song must have been recorded sometime in November-December 2008.
In other words, just a couple of weeks before Ron's death.

I have uploaded the recording here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isSvowmdhQY

I think it's possible that the song is a "Weirdness"-outtake and was not written for the 2012 movie. Offstage Iggy was wearing "3 Stooges" T-shirts/pants (referring to the ORIGINAL comedy trio of the same name from the 1940s) as early as 2005. I guess the song was inspired by the original comedy trio and was recorded at the "Weirdness" sessions. Iggy jokingly referred to the re-united Stooges as the "3 Stooges" well before the 2012 movie was made. When that movie came up "our" Stooges pulled the recording from the vault and sold it to the producers of the movie, because the title fit (if only by coincidence). That's my guess as least.

Wikipedia page about the 1940s comedy trio "3 Stooges": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Stooges
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks for the link to this little song. It's fine for what it is, a fairly inconsequential track for a movie. Sounds like they had fun making it.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks kingwayne, that's a treat to hear.

Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Yes, thanks. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 pm

thanks kingwayne!
Back to top Go down
hank67

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 pm

thank you!
Back to top Go down
alfredalfred

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 7:21 am

I can hear why nobody made a fuss about it : it's to bad to be mentioned.
Even with the credits stating that it's "performed and produced by The Stooges", I find it difficult to believe that it's actually Iggy's voice (although it sounds close to his worst performances), or Ron's guitar... If it really is them, it's nothing but a quick jam with no songwriting involved and a "one take / no effort" kind of performance????

Back to top Go down
midnight frank

midnight frank

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 2:31 am

As it turns out the "3 Stooges" song is drawn from the demos Ron and Scott did in 2008.

Quoting Iggy from the Total Chaos book:
"There are some tapes of Ron and Scott that I have and am still trying to decide what to do with them. I made one into a song when I heard there was a Three Stooges movie."
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 3:02 am

Let's hope the Ron/Scott tapes from 2008 will be released in one form or the other. I would also really like to hear "The Weirdness" demos recorded in Iggy's office/work place in Miami with just Iggy, Ron and Scott (a CD-R of those demos called "Secret Plan" was given to Mike Watt, so he could learn the songs). Then there is an unreleased early version of "The Weirdness" that was abandoned before Steve Albini was brought in to help them re-record the album. At the time Iggy apparently mentioned this early version in an interview with Swiss television. Since I do not like Steve Albini's approach to recording "The Weirdness" I would also love to hear the early version of the album.
Back to top Go down
AnxietyDilemma

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 am

The 3 Stooges track is better than anything on "The Weirdness" in my opinion. I'd love to hear those tapes as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie   New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stooges song in The Three Stooges movie
Page 1 of 1