Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DAVE ALEXANDER

Go down 
+16
modernlover
homesickjameswilliamson
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Corinna83
earthdog70
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
dtklamf
middleagedpunkrocker
david stooge
sickness
TED
Loose1969
Colin Chaos
heavy liquid
adams66
Paul T
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 pm

pneunomia
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:24 pm

thank you, JLTS Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:34 pm

NO it's not pneumonia!

Check the web ref mentioned. THe cause of death mentioned - primarily, pulmonary edema - on the site comes from his death certificate, which I tracked down.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:09 pm

oh, sorry paul. i should have researched better, everywhere i ever read said pneumonia. sorry my mistake corinna
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:50 pm

i thought it was alcoholism, or is that another word for it, also wats the website again paul?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i thought it was alcoholism, or is that another word for it, also wats the website again paul?

dave's final illness was brought on by pancreatitis, which is often alcohol-related. The physician also noted serious alcohol-related damage to the liver.

http://www.trynka.net/Site/Open_Up_Blog/918A786F-2332-4B7B-8FE2-9579BDB95BAF.html
Back to top Go down
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:45 pm

The remastered 1st two albums at least allow us to hear the inventive basslines of Dave Alexander nice and clear. He was cooking!

And that Heavy Liquid box lets us hear just what Ron was capable of too - both played monster bass, tis a pity Ron's bits on Raw Power were unsalvagable (or was that unsalvaged?) by Iggy's mix.

Which brings me to my point: Ig told Mike Watt to "discover his inner moron" or something similar when recording The Weirdness... Talk about missing the point!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:38 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
oh, sorry paul. i should have researched better, everywhere i ever read said pneumonia. sorry my mistake corinna

I was running into the same thing. Don't feel bad, JLTS.

You know what they say. Garbage in, garbage out. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
stdtheband

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am

you rock Paul!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm always interested to read anything about Dave. He really intrigues me, as generally there's so little said about him, despite the importance of his contribution to the two best records ever made (in my opinion). There's always so much on Iggy, of course, and the Ashetons too are getting more recognition these days, but Dave Alexander has always appeared something of a fascinating enigma to me. btw, I think I read somewhere that he has a daughter, anyone know anything more about this?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Zander definitely deserves more recognition. Without Dave we have no "Fun House", "Dirt" or maybe a few other great tunes as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:26 am

Hey Paul, you mentioned that Dave told his former bandmates that he made a lot of money in investments. Was that just a shield, or was he speaking truthfully?
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah - did he really go from music-making to money-making? And did he really give up playing bass all at once after leaving the band? If he did, someone should've advised him against it ...
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:24 pm

mg196 wrote:
Hey Paul, you mentioned that Dave told his former bandmates that he made a lot of money in investments. Was that just a shield, or was he speaking truthfully?
Sorry, only just seen this.

Well, Jimmy Silver THOUGHT he was doing well. He seemed upbeat. But I reckon it was just a shield. I mean, have you ever met anyone from Detroit who's a movelist, but has only ever written one side of A4??
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 pm

I just finished up raving about Dave elsewhere and now I see this thread has come back up. Paul, do you know anything about whether he has a daughter, I'm sure I read it somewhere (absolutely no further info though)
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Zander definitely deserves more recognition. Without Dave we have no "Fun House", "Dirt" or maybe a few other great tunes as well.

I've just listened to 'Dirt' again and I've gotta say that this is the best bass work of Dave he did, in my opinion Smile Actually, the bass line during Ron's solo is very interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAVE ALEXANDER
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2