Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DAVE ALEXANDER

Go down 
+16
modernlover
homesickjameswilliamson
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Corinna83
earthdog70
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
dtklamf
middleagedpunkrocker
david stooge
sickness
TED
Loose1969
Colin Chaos
heavy liquid
adams66
Paul T
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Dave Alexander, aka Dude Arnett, aka Zander, was a founder Stooge, the boy who turned his friends on to dope and Alaister Crowley, wrote the riffs to Dirt and Fun House, then was sacked by his bandmates in August 1970.

A few weeks ago Doug Currie, who lived with the Stooges at the Piaza del Sol, emailed me to say he'd like to hear more about Dave. So I've assembled a bunch of recollections. THey can be found here...

http://www.trynka.net/Site/Open_Up_Blog/918A786F-2332-4B7B-8FE2-9579BDB95BAF.html
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Thanks Paul.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks a lot for that Paul.

That is a great picture of him, too.

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

That was a superb read. Thanks for posting it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 pm

Thanks Paul always a treat to read your posts
Back to top Go down
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:58 am

coooool! thank you =]
Back to top Go down
david stooge

david stooge

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-08

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:58 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
middleagedpunkrocker

middleagedpunkrocker

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-02-28

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 4:38 am

Very cool! Thank You...
Back to top Go down
http://trampsamericanbulldogs.com
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for that, if you have anymore unpublished stories/articles it would be great to be able to read those as well.

Cheers, Nigel
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:33 am

Fantastic, PAul! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
earthdog70

earthdog70

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-03-11

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:02 am

Nice-good to hear about an excellent bassist!
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-10-15

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Paul T wrote:
Dave Alexander, aka Dude Arnett, aka Zander, was a founder Stooge, the boy who turned his friends on to dope and Alaister Crowley, wrote the riffs to Dirt and Fun House, then was sacked by his bandmates in August 1970.

A few weeks ago Doug Currie, who lived with the Stooges at the Piaza del Sol, emailed me to say he'd like to hear more about Dave. So I've assembled a bunch of recollections. THey can be found here...

http://www.trynka.net/Site/Open_Up_Blog/918A786F-2332-4B7B-8FE2-9579BDB95BAF.html

Wow, hey Paul, thank you so much for posting this link! Reading this was really interesting for me, since I am a brandnew Stooges Fan and don't know too many stories about them, yet. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:22 pm

hey, still nobody does have a pic of Zander as avatar
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Yeah, that's amazing in itself. Dave just doesn't get his due. Half the time, neither do the Ashetons. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:29 pm

it is the same with The Doors. Always Jim got all the attention, and Robby,Ray and John were hardly mentioned Sad And Robby is my favourite Doors member. And both Ashetons are my favourite Stooges members.... and somehow I do have a thing for guitarists *lol*
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Corinna83 wrote:
it is the same with The Doors. Always Jim got all the attention, and Robby,Ray and John were hardly mentioned Sad And Robby is my favourite Doors member. And both Ashetons are my favourite Stooges members.... and somehow I do have a thing for guitarists *lol*

Bwahahahahaha..... Devil
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

you little guitar devil you Wink *keef*
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:16 am

heh heh....

BTW, I don't think anyone here will understand your interpretation of that smilie... Laughing

Of course, I do..

DAVE ALEXANDER Whatchoodoin
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:14 am

oooooops, I didn't think of that *blush*

sorry guys, I didn't know, that you wouldn't know it. So every time I post *keef* I mean this smiley

DAVE ALEXANDER Whatchoodoin
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:18 am

Laughing

Anyway..back to Dave. Wink
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:08 am

Corinna83 wrote:

trust me i saw iggy first when i was 8(2001 detroit) it was excellent. then i saw him with stooges in 03 detroit(also great) and then april of this year in detroit i saw him. from 4th row, it was great(besides getting kicked out after first song for video recording, i snuck back in though a few songs later. and then i saw them again this year in detroit at meadowbrook in august(best one of the bunch) i was front row dead center pit. i touched his boot when he dove next to me, and touched his back when i got onstage with him, he held the mic up to me for me to sing "NO FUUUUNNN" and i got lots of pictures from the show for others and about 30 i took. Theres also an audio recording of the show as a bootleg, witch is excellent ! best show EVER!!

when you see The Stooges, you'll love the band backing him of course, but all eyes will go on iggy, you will be amazed. hes invincable.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 7:40 am

Yes, he's invincible.

But without Dave Alexander - or Ron and Scott - Iggy wou d probably still be playing drums in a third division white blues band.

Or, on the other hand, maybe he would've finally made it as a politician, and it would be Clinton vs Osterberg for the Democrat nomination...
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 10:25 am

That would have been cool. Iggy for President!
It was so sad that Frank Zappa died before he had a chance to run for US President. He was seriously considering running in 1992, all sorts of feasibility studies and planning had been done and he was genuinely going to do it. But then the cancer hit him.
I think Zappa would have made a much better President than almost anyone on this planet - his mind and knowledge was vast, deep and so very wise.
Iggy too. Some people dismiss rock stars as stupid (OK some really are...) but not Iggy. One of the smartest guys around.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Corinna83

Corinna83

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Hey, guys, I do have a question about Zander. I am sorry, if someone already asked this (I admit it, I haven't read all the threads yet).

It's a question about the cause of Zander's death. I read different things in the www ...... somewhere they said, that he died because of an overdose of heroin. And somewhere else I read, that he died because of a pneunomia. What's the truth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DAVE ALEXANDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVE ALEXANDER   DAVE ALEXANDER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAVE ALEXANDER
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next