Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Houston review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

Houston review Empty
PostSubject: Houston review   Houston review Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Just now regaining my hearing after being up front at the Houston show on Saturday. This festival had speakers set up under the stage that were LOUD! It was eay to get up front because of the line-ups on the stages: practically every stage was set up so that most people seeing an act would have no interest in the following act. So it was easy to get up front because everybody had cleared out. I could have arrived six hours later than I did and still got the same spot and would not have baked half to death (ahhh...but that's part of the experience, right?).

Anyway, the band was real tight. The crowd wasn't as large as most festival shows I've seen, but they were into the Stooges and Iggy was happy. They blew through their set in 55 minutes! I thought that they might play longer than a typical festival set because there wasn't anybody going on after them. Here's the set list:

Raw Power
Gimme Danger
Gun
Search & Destryo
Funhouse
Night Theme/Skull Ring
Beyond the Law
Johanna
Ready To Die
IWBYDog
No Fun
Your Pretty Face
Sex & Money

Iggy mentioned that that was the first time that they played Sex & Money live. There was a stage invasion during Funhouse. Another highlight of Funhouse was Watt's floor monitor started smoking near the end of the song. You can see it start to smoke at the end of that video posted on Youtube. It then really began to blow out smoke and they unplugged it and replaced it with another one. Iggy crawled down into the pit during Dog and writhed around in the dirt and grass for a while and then got up and shook hands with the crowd. No diving into the audience, though. An all-around great show, especially considering that the average age of these festival-goers appeared to me to be about 20. Not too many of us old folk like at ACL or SXSW (or like at a proper Stooges gig)!
Steve
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Houston review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston review   Houston review Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks for your great review Steve. Sounds like a(nother) cracking Stooges gig! That's a good set list too, a decent mix of tracks.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Houston review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston review   Houston review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:18 am

Yeah thanks Steve. Sounds fantastic.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Houston review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston review   Houston review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 pm

cool ! how did the new songs sound ? I really do enjoy Gun and Ready to die on the new cd...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Houston review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston review   Houston review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Houston review
Page 1 of 1