Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Different versions of "Raw Power"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrius Ramonas

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Different versions of "Raw Power" Empty
PostSubject: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

As far as I know, there are three editions of "Raw Power" on CD: the first edition of D. Bowie mix from some 1988 (the version that was released on vinyl record), the remastered reissue from 1997 or 1998 and the "Rough Power" from 1994.
Are there more editions that have different master of the album? I did not like any of them soundwise: original Bowie mix is just sham to me, the remastered version sounds just a bit better, but too loud for me and the rough version is too rough for me.
And another question: when they remastered the album, did they use Bowie mix or some other?

I am not a fan of Iggy Pop and the Stooges, but I like two first tracks from this album, and I would like to have them in a better quality than on those three releases. Maybe some Iggy Pop compilations have different versions of some of the tracks from this album?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Quote :
I am not a fan of Iggy Pop and the Stooges

Shocked No

All in all, what you've heard is what there is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:18 pm

i've got the vinyl which i bought in...late 80s? Im guesing that's the bowie version. What are peoples views on the Iggy remix. Worth buying on its own merits?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:16 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am

I've seen references several times to the CD of the Bowie mix sounding inferior to the vinyl version. Can anyone

I have the Iggy remix on CD and it's a bit headache inducing, but some tracks are a rockin' revelation after the rickety-it's-all-about-to-collapse feel of some the the Bowie versions.

My advice? Get the orig mix on vinyl. It'll rock your socks off and drive you nuts, but when you've finally frisbeed it out the window in a rage, you'll have a great sleeve to pin on the wall.
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey thanks, cant believe i missed that thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different versions of "Raw Power"   Different versions of "Raw Power" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different versions of "Raw Power"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: