Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letter for Paul

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Letter for Paul Empty
PostSubject: Letter for Paul   Letter for Paul Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Paul,

just read ur artile with cliff jones in mojo from 1996, with iggy on the cover, great story and well written, but two things bother me, first theres a question which states ''so ur gettin back together with the stooges? is there an album?'' to which iggys response was ''yeh, ron and scott n i are meeting together. ive got some acoustic stuff done. if i get commitments out of the way''

this was 96, i dont remember hearing nethin about that granted i wasnt into them when i was like 7, but i dont remember from reading nethin, i thought theyd got together much later, like 2001 type thing, please elaborate.

also at the end of the article it said your and cliff jones book on iggy ''lust for life'' was on sale, ive never seen it, i remember you saying somewhere a book was cancelled and allowed u then to do the best iggy bio, open up and bleed, but wat happened?

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Letter for Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter for Paul   Letter for Paul Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Wow, my own thread!

I seem to recall Iggy was still very disparaging about the Ashetons even then, and so the idea went cold. According to Ron there had been no contact whatsoever - it was only Scott who presevered with chasing Iggy. and then i think Iggy finally decided to do it when he'd run out of ideas for solo stuff.

Lust for Life never came out. Reason was, by the time the manuscript was due I'd written four or five chapters, cliff had written one, then we both got kind of distracted - i joined mojo, and Cliff's band, Gay Dad, got signed to Lndon. I had to buy myself out of the Lust For life contract before I could start OU&B, but it was well worth it...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Letter for Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter for Paul   Letter for Paul Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:15 am

Definitely was, im thinking of givin it a re-read, thanks for clearing that up
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Letter for Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter for Paul   Letter for Paul Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:47 pm

Hey paul, Ig & the Stooges are obviously an area of expertise for you. What other bands are you knee-deep in?!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Letter for Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter for Paul   Letter for Paul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter for Paul
Page 1 of 1