Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ColourIsSound

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-02-25

Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin Empty
PostSubject: Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin   Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am

The Stooges changed everything. Along with The Velvet Underground, they kicked over the statues, leaving infinite legacy all the way down the line.

In tribute to this most amazing band I have designed this-

https://www.colourissound.com/iggy-stooges-t-shirt

Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin bootleg.

When I first heard The Sex Pistols version of 'No Fun', it immediately became my favourite song of theirs, along with 'New York'. Sometime later when someone explained it was in fact a song by a band called The Stooges, I went straight out and bought the first thing I could find with it on. Sitting transfixed on the bus home, staring at Iggy’s spaceman elbow length silver gloves.

Once home I put the record on, hearing '1969' for the first time… Spitting slashing snarling wah wah filled the room like a razor cut as Scott Ashton kept cool, before Iggy’s “Alright” introduced a tune as dirty and groovy as you’ll ever hear. James Brown hell funk for metal garages.

The Stooges - a band powerfully able to transport a three bar fired living space into a giant riff.
Back to top Go down

Abstract iguana inspired by My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin
Page 1 of 1