Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Iguana Chronicles thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

The Iguana Chronicles thread Empty
PostSubject: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Here, I will post all the listing of the iguana chronicles CDs on Bomp, and you are all welcome to comment the releases. That is, if you feel like it.

The Iguana Chronicles.

The Iguana Chronicles thread 139CD

CD 1 - I got a right. (bomp bcd139)

"I Got a Right" and "Gimme Some Skin", more outtakes from the original Raw Power demos, have since been acclaimed as some of the Stooges' best work. Here, taken from the original master tapes, you get five different takes and 7 different mixes of "I Got a Right", two mixes of 'Gimme Some Skin" and a bonus live track. Note: Somehow in mastering, only one version of Take 4 made it onto the CD. Thus, though 10 tracks are listed, only 9 appear on record. Sorry for the confusion.

Track listing:
I Got a Right, Take 5 (final mix)
I Got a Right, Take 1
I Got a Right, Take 2
I Got a Right, Take 3 (instrumental, mono mix)
I Got a Right, Take 3 (instrumental, guitar solo)
I Got a Right, Take 4 (live vocal, Leslie)
I Got a Right, Take 4 (live vocal, more Leslie)
I Got a Right, live Paris 9/23/77
Gimme Some Skin (final mix)
Gimme Some Skin (outtake)

My opinion is that how can we tell that it's really mastered from the original tapes ? We only have their word for it. But it's still a kick ass CD, maybe short. Anyone noticed if it recoups the versions on the Heavy Liquid box set ? I'm to lazy to compare . This CD is sold out, Bomp does not offer it anymore. All these versions are probably on Heavy Liquid, but due to lack of annotation, there's no way to know, until one of you enlighten us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
bam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 12:28 am

I got "Open Up and Bleed!" , "Im Sick Of You" and the Michigan Palace cd's from the iguana chronicles i like em all acctually , and their not that expensive IMHO. I have also downloaded "I got a right" and like you said , it dosnt really sound like its from the mastertapes, would be cool to hear somebody that have the box set's opinion on this CD.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 11:42 pm

The heavy liquid box set, they obviously have the multi tracks, but their remixes are shit job done on a mac with a ripped offline cubase 2.0 version and a mastering that would send Steve Hoffman into cardiac arrest.
Back to top Go down
ZenDog

ZenDog

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:02 am

I heard that Heavy Liquid has some of the Detroit Rehearsal's stuff. I would love to hear a cleaned up version and better mix of " Ballad Of Hollis Brown"...
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 10:28 am

They seems ripped from other CDs to me... I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Iguana Chronicles thread   The Iguana Chronicles thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Iguana Chronicles thread
Page 1 of 1