Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson Equipment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

James Williamson Equipment Empty
PostSubject: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 pm

If anyone knows, then can anyone mention what equipment James used when he was in the Stooges (Pre-Raw Power Demos, Raw Power, Live) and on Kill City... Thanks a lot! Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 am

wow, great question !

PS - i love Kill City !

hey, can you post a big pic of your avatar ??? thats BADASS !!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 am

i'd like to know more about james' equipment, at least more detailed, what i do konw is that he used a VOX AC30 live, but a Marshall amp for recording (or vice versa, cant remember) um he stated he used a gibson B25, but i looked it up and its an acoustic, so he may have gotten it wrong, um otherwise, as far as guitars its gibson all the way with him, saw him using a flying V once, i think, maybe thats ron, aye its ron, but yeh, gibson, dunno specific models, so someone please enlighten us

HJW
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:12 am

you used a sunburst gibson i believe. and it was a gibson classic model. live he used marshall most of the time... ACVOX 30 is a recording amp. so im sure thats what he used in the studio for at least alot of the stuff...

cheers
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:04 am

gibson classic and sunburst as in Les Paul gibson?

to homesickjameswilliamson...

that acustic may be the one he used fot the acoustic parts on raw power?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:06 am

probly, now that u mention it, either that or it was the guitar he composed them on rather than record, dunno, read it on open up and bleed blog interview
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Ok, this is what we have so far? I just tried to organize it a little... and we can edit it as we go along, and know more... Smile

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul 1970s Sunburst Custom

Gibson acoustic B25 (Most of the Raw power songs was written on this one)

Martin D40 (Acoustic guitar used on Raw Power)

Amp:

VOX AC30 (Rythm on Raw Power)

Marshall (Live, and Solos on Raw Power)

Picks:

?

* Updated, Thanks to Paul!

Last edited by world's forgotten boy on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:25 pm

the b 25 is an amp. gibson b25 amp.

the Guitar was A sunburst Gibson Classic
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Sure? when you google gibson b25 there comes a acoustic guitar with the same name...

Gibson sunburst classic as in Gibson sunburst les paul Classic?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I've just checked, via an email direct from the horse's mouth. The Gibson was an acoustic, a B25 natural, which he bought in London and on whcih he wrote most of the Raw POwer material. He still has it today. His Les Paul is a 1970s SUnburst Custom. ALl the rhythm work on Raw Power was amplified via a VOx AC30, with most of the lead on a Marshall. The acoustic guitar you can hear on Raw Power is a Martin D40, because it had a bigger sound on record than the Gibson.

For live work James mostly used Marshall stacks, altho occasionally they'd use whatever was available, including Fender Twins.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:51 pm

thanks paul
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Yeah thanks Paul... I updated the my post so it was correct... maybe I should put it in the first post so everyone can se it, and post other things if they find out something?! Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks paul, as soon as i make a few million im gonna buy all those guitars/amps, i love the raw power sound, i get a razor edge-d-enuff sound out of a marshall myself, and a gibson, nicknamed the guitar 'mick jagger' cos of its jagged edge, lol, altho i broke that one, really liked it too

thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson Equipment   James Williamson Equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson Equipment
Page 1 of 1