Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

backmasking on 'dirt'?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nofun84

nofun84

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-23

backmasking on 'dirt'? Empty
PostSubject: backmasking on 'dirt'?   backmasking on 'dirt'? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:01 am

Ok, this is something that's bugged me for a while. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Iggy experimented with backmasking during the 'Dirt' track of Fun House. I listened and picked out what I thought may have been the alleged backmasking; he seems to mutter something sounding like "shizaw" between "burning"s toward the end of the song, and there are some longer half-whispered utterances here and there. I don't really have the technological know-how or means to play the track backwards, but what I kept hearing seemed like it could possibly be "washes." I don't really know what that would mean, if anything, but has anyone else heard anything about backmasking and 'Dirt' (or any other Stooges songs)?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: backmasking on 'dirt'?   backmasking on 'dirt'? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:58 am

Where did you read this? I've never heard of that before, but I'm not denying that it's a possibility.
I can't say though, that in all my years of listening to "Dirt" that I've ever felt like there was backwards stuff hidden in there.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
nofun84

nofun84

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: backmasking on 'dirt'?   backmasking on 'dirt'? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:31 pm

I can't for the life of me remember where I read this, although I'm pretty sure I didn't just imagine it...hmm....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: backmasking on 'dirt'?   backmasking on 'dirt'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

backmasking on 'dirt'?
Page 1 of 1