Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lost In The Past

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Come Hungry Sweet Child
My Veins Are Crying
Black Ace
Emotional Problems
I Gotta Problem
On The Beach
Love Light
Sack O' Shit

Does anyone know if these were recorded, they are all from various rehearsals the band did in 1973 - or have any other information about them?

HJW
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:05 pm

'Come Hungry Sweet Child' seems to be 'Sweet Child-I Like The Way You Walk' part of 'I Need Somebody' that you can hear on 'Heavy Liquid' boxset in my opinion. 'I Gotta Problem' (and I think 'Emotional Problems' as well) is the other title for 'Till' The End Of The Night' Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Ah good, i thought the same , tho wasnt sure, and was gettin restles that there might be some stooges material that i hadnt heard - altho the stuff mentioned above and things like upper egypt etc could probly fill another heavy liquid boxset!

i had the same speculation abot sweet child, how do you know about the other songs JW82? have you heard them?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:04 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
how do you know about the other songs JW82? have you heard them?

No, I haven't. But I wish I could hear them! And I agree with you that there should be made another boxset with unreleased Stooges material. I also wonder why they didn't put 'Rich Bitch' on 'Heavy Liquid'..that's weird..
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:05 pm

There's was cpyright problems about getting Metallic KO on the boxset.

Anyway, DAMN! I've written a song called Sack O Shit. Sad
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:07 pm

could black ace be nigger man? - im running on just the 'black' spose its a card game thing tho - "ace"(which i think i remember hearing was the name for sometihng else)
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:08 am

Where did these song titles originate from? I first saw these in Per Nilson's Wild One, I wonder where he got his info from?

Maybe they're just made up names for the less than stellar James and Iggy + drum machine jams from 72. That said the drum machine version of Ballad of Hollis Brown is wicked.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:26 am

I like the drum machine version of 'Look So Sweet' - especially that raw James guitar! Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:44 am

yeh i really like all the drum machine stuff, are those songs on Wild Love the extent of their release or does anyone have any other songs or versions? - also any information regarding time of recording etc
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:26 pm

I've always assumed the songs on "Wild Love" like "Purple Haze", "I'm A Man", "I'm So Glad" etc were recorded by Iggy and James Williamson in England in 1971 before Ron and Scott Asheton came over. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost In The Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In The Past   Lost In The Past Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost In The Past
Page 1 of 1